Rome City Commissioner Jamie Doss on re-election to Ward 2 this November: “I really have a strong desire to seek re-election but I haven’t made a decision at this point.”
Cartersville City Councilman Gary Fox is seeking a new term in the ward 5 seat. “It has been an honor serving the citizens of the fifth ward the last four years. I, along with Mayor, Council, and staff, have made great strides in improving the City’s finances as is demonstrated by our most recent AAA bond rating,” Fox said. “We have had success in
promoting the improvement and maintaining the integrity of the city’s residential neighborhoods.” Fox is a Certified Public Accountant and has been in private practice in Cartersville since 2011. His wife of almost 40 years, Liz Fox, works for Advocates for Bartow’s Children. They have three grown children, Nathan, Sarah, and Anna.
The Floyd County Republican Women’s meeting will be Tuesday, Aug. 3, at the Palladium on the Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 69 Church St. Speakers: Jody Hice and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Plan for a longer luncheon. Come early, 11:15 a.m., if you plan to eat. A meal has been planned. RSVP is required: 706-346-2551.
Aug. 7 Floyd GOP rally at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds. The event is free with doors opening at 10 a.m., lunch beginning at 10:30 and the program at 11. State and local Republicans are scheduled to attend. About lunch: $10 for a barbecue lunch provided by Duffy’s Deli. Kona Ice, Frios and other vendors will be on site. Preregister at https://romerally.gop/
- Aug. 16-20: Qualifying for Rome City Commissoin and School Board. Set for 8:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 16, and close at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 20. The ballot includes the three Ward 2 seats on the city commission and all seven School Board seats.
- Oct. 4: Last day for new or lapsed voters to register to vote in the general election on Nov. 2.
- Oct. 12: Advance voting begins.
- Oct. 23-24: The Saturday is the mandatory weekend day to vote in advance; the 24th is the optional Sunday balloting.
- Nov. 2: Election day, precincts open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.