Heritage First Headlines
- Business: Old Navy gets a bit closer to opening as storefront posters announce ‘opening this fall.’ Hiring continues.
- Even as employers begged for workers, the number of unemployed area residents rose by 11.7% in June vs. May.
- Business: Downtown Cartersville gets cameo in latest Mercedes-Bendz commercial. Kemp swears in Steve Graves to serve on state Real Estate Commission. Vacation time ahead for Yummy Thai.
- Second Floyd COVID death in two days after lull; new cases up 70 since Monday in NW Georgia. 18 patients in Floyd, Redmond; down 2.
- Jobs: First look at June employment numbers for Northwest Georgia.
- Buzz: ‘Threatened litigation’ to be discussed by Floyd elections board on Friday. Next Floyd Board of Education public hearings on millage rate set for Monday a.m., p.m.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Dense fog advisory this morning. Highs in the low 90s; heat index to climb to 98 today and Friday.
- Obituaries: Ms. Mary Frances McClure, Mr. Jack “Morris” Rice.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday. 69/U for Calhoun fast-food restaurant.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Today’s latest update on the 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Walk off dooms Rome Braves Wednesday in Bowling Green.
- Rome Braves at Hot Rods tonight.
- Atlanta Braves vs. Padres; next — at Phillies today through Sunday.
- Honors for Georgia Highlands’ athletes.
- Updates on Berry women’s soccer, volleyball.
- Latest Falcons’ pretraining camp updates.
- Fall sports registrations under way.
- LakePoint, Tillman runs on the way.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.