Heritage First Headlines
- Business: River District’s streetscape, downtown ‘gateway’ signs take next steps as ‘requests for qualifications’ sought.
- Floyd loses first resident to COVID in more than a month; total climbs to 195 (region: 681). Rome hospitals: 20 virus patients, most since May 18. Also: 22 new cases in 24 hours in Northwest Georgia.
- Business: Axes or knives, Cartersville’s Game of Throwns opens in hot spot off Tennessee Street.
- Real estate: Rome/Floyd home sales down in June vs. May but sales volume stays high: $34.5 million.
- Education: 5 area Title 1 schools earn ‘Reward’ status for improving student performance. New Berry faculty member earns Fulbright Finland Foundation’s strategic grant.
- Buzz: Exchange Club to hear from Ball’s director of aluminum cups. ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’ almost sold out; matinees added. Homemade ice cream sales to benefit Sloppy Floyd park.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: 4.73 inches of rain and more falling. High of 85 today, up to 93 on Saturday.
- Obituaries: Richard Austin Sr., Carolyn Selman Gilbert, Mrs. Caroline Loretta Wacker, 104.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by Big Dan’s Car Wash. Updates on arrests.
Harbin Clinic Headlines: Today’s latest update on the 10 doctors joining Georgia’s largest privately owned, physician-led healthcare community.
- Bowling Green over Rome Braves, 5-4. Atlanta edges Padres, 2-1.
- Rome Braves at Bowling Green tonight.
- Latest Rome Braves’ roster moves.
- Atlanta Braves vs. Padres, double header today.
- Falcons training camp updates.
- Fall sports registrations under way.
- LakePoint, Tillman runs on the way.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.