Home sales down in June from May but sales volume stays high: The latest report from the Greater Rome Board of Realtors shows 121 home sales closed last month — the same as in June 2020 but down from 149 from May of this year.
But then there are the dollar signs. The sales volume for June 2021 was $34.5 million, up 45.6% from a year earlier even through the same number of homes sold. However, the sales volume dropped 7.5% from May’s high of $37.2 million. But remember May saw another 28 homes sold vs. June and the dollar difference $2.7 million.
That May slowdown in home sales in Bartow and Gordon counties wasn’t a one-month blip. It accelerated in June. And while total sales were down, average sales prices continued to climb vs. June 2020.
The Northwest Metro Association of Realtors‘ June report shows Bartow saw a 21.1% drop in sales year-over-year; in Gordon, it was nearly identical — 21.3%. In May, sales were down almost 4% in Gordon County and more than 10% in Bartow County.
Bartow County | June 2021
- Total single family home sales: 138 (21.1% decrease)
- Average sales price: $294,000 (21% increase)
- Total active listings: 139 (38.8% decrease)
- New listings: 185 (2.2% increase)
- Month’s Supply: 1.0 (40.3% decrease)
Gordon County | June 2021
- Total single family home sales: 48 (21.3% decrease)
- Average sales price: $250,500 (32.9% increase)
- Total active listings: 69 (13.8% decrease)
- New listings: 66 (4.8% increase)
- Month’s Supply: 1.3 (11.8% decrease)