One of downtown Rome’s quiet success stories has been Revive Cycleworks, which is due to open Thursday at 300 N. Fifth Ave. in the River District after a success premiere at 440 Broad St. Stewart and Kelli Duncan picked the former cell phone/insurance building at the corner of Avenue A; it has been transformed into the new home of the “revive/repair/rebuild” shop across from The Foundry Growler Bar, Ingram Glass Co. and Sunflour Community Bakery. It is a huge move as the River District continues to court new tenants. Hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; closed Saturday through Monday.
That May slowdown in home sales in Bartow and Gordon counties wasn’t a one-month blip. It accelerated in June. And while total sales were down, average sales prices continued to climb vs. June 2020.
The Northwest Metro Association of Realtors‘ June report shows Bartow saw a 21.1% drop in sales year-over-year; in Gordon, it was nearly identical — 21.3%. In May, sales were down almost 4% in Gordon County and more than 10% in Bartow County.
Bartow County | June 2021
- Total single family home sales: 138 (21.1% decrease)
- Average sales price: $294,000 (21% increase)
- Total active listings: 139 (38.8% decrease)
- New listings: 185 (2.2% increase)
- Month’s Supply: 1.0 (40.3% decrease)
Gordon County | June 2021
- Total single family home sales: 48 (21.3% decrease)
- Average sales price: $250,500 (32.9% increase)
- Total active listings: 69 (13.8% decrease)
- New listings: 66 (4.8% increase)
- Month’s Supply: 1.3 (11.8% decrease)