- Dining: Jefferson’s headed to Calhoun by August thanks to Rome team. Chicken Salad Chick opening for carry out at Redmond Regional.
- Services set for Saturday for 8-year-old who died in a recent ATV accident; third area resident lost that way in just over two months.
- Fire marshal: Up to $10,000 in reward money offered for information on arsonous fire that damaged two businesses on Martha Berry last week.
- FBI: Kennesaw man arrested in two Asheville armed robberies; Rome Police say he’s a suspect in recent hold-up on Shorter Avenue.
- Bartow resident the 666th COVID death in five-county area, 218th from that county. 5 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Wednesday.
- Education: Georgia Northwestern Technical College Foundation awards $13,600 in scholarships to 35 students for summer semester. A ‘moving’ experience for Georgia Highlands’ students.
- Health: Rising 11th graders must have proof of a booster dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine unless they received their first dose on or after their 16th birthday.
- Buzz: Qualifying set for Aug. 16-20 for Rome City Commission, School Board seats. Singer/actor Alan Naylor joins the Rome Symphony Orchestra chamber players at Darlington June 26.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: No break in the afternoon rain cycle; temperatures rising to 90 by Sunday.
- Obituaries: Mr. Andrew G. ‘Critter’ Edmondson, Mrs. Janette Hood Edwards, Harry James Taft Jr.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- State athletic directors remember Phil Jones.
- Rome Braves take two from visiting Tourists.
- Atlanta Braves fall in walk off by Phillies; play at 1:05 this afternoon.
- Atlanta Hawks host 76ers in NBA playoffs Friday.
- Community sports: Run Saturday in Cave Spring.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.