- Emotional meeting, filled with troubling Rome history and neighborhood concerns, ends with a 4-4 tie by the Rome City Commission, rejecting 36 apartments off Gibbons Street.
- Business: Riverbend Nutrition opening in Etowah Crossing near East Bend. Relentless Chiropractic joins Riverwalk. Sakai marks 20 years in Adairsville, 50 employees and 3,500 machines later.
- GBI: Suspect in shootout with the Bartow sheriff’s office last week is in custody. Jail records show he faces eight counts including aggravated assault, obstruction of law officers.
- 14 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond on Monday; lowest since July. 11 new cases posted in NW Georgia on Monday.
- Education: Fulbright honors for a Berry faculty member. Shaw awards 2021 dependent scholarships.
- Buzz: Watch DOT roadwork today on I-75 north near Dalton. Master Gardeners workshop set for June 5. Rome Symphony goes Gershwin Saturday night.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Heat wave should ease by Memorial Day weekend. ‘Code Orange’ smog alert again today for Bartow, metro Atlanta.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Lillie Mae Charles Satcher, Mrs. Sadie Mae Goodson Wood.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- The week that was at State Mutual Stadium: Mills Fitzner’s photo gallery from the fans’ perspective.
- Rome Braves off Monday; Greenville at Rome Tuesday-Sunday. First pitch tonight: 7 p.m.
- Mills Fitzner’s home game photos.
- Atlanta Braves were off Monday; travel to Boston for games Tuesday, Wednesday.
- Sanders new Pepperell wrestling coach.
- Shorter baseball headed to regionals.
- Atlanta Falcons’ updates. The fate of Julio Jones.
- Opening dates for fall football.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.