- Going up! Kohls, now committed to East Bend, iBraves sn’t wasting any time. Asked about opening date, corporate says, ‘There’s nothing to share just yet.’
- The Rev. Warren Jones, a community servant and servant of God, passes away just months shy of his 100th birthday.
- Sold-out Cody Johnson concert rocks Ridge Ferry Park. Old Dominion coming in June.
- COVID: 13 new cases in Northwest Georgia Saturday; statewide, 761. Earlier: Floyd records 41st ‘probable’ death. Weekly update from Dr. Gary Voccio on virus, vaccination. Rome hospitals had 25 virus patients at week’s end.
- Headlines ahead: What will be making news over the next seven days. Job fair, commission meetings, law enforcement memorial, household/hazardous waste recycling.
- Buzz: Chief Justice extends state judicial emergency for 30 days; most court operations returning to normal.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mother’s Day — 83 degrees. Wet week ahead.
- Obituaries: Ms. Shanah Marie Brannon, Mrs. Mildred Irene Wiseman Lefler, Mr. James Lewis.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Rome Braves/Winston-Salem win 3-0. Series continues today.
- Atlanta Braves amaze in 12 inning n 8-7. Host the Phillies tonight.
- A list of high school tennis champions crowned at Rome Tennis Center.
- High school baseball, soccer prepare for next rounds
- Minicamp updates from Atlanta Falcons.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.