- Ongoing: Floyd Medical Center: Appointments / Vaccination site at LakePoint. Register or call, 844-275-8966.
- May 15: Rome-Floyd NAACP, Redmond Regional team up for vaccination clinic, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., at the hospital (outpatient side). Free hot dogs, hamburgers after the shot plus a big-screen TV giveaway.
- Appointments for free COVID-19 vaccinations are available daily for eligible individuals at health departments: Bartow (770) 382-1920 / Chattooga (706) 857-3471 / Floyd (706) 295-6123 / Gordon (706) 624-1444 / Polk (770) 749-2270 / Contacts: Counties – Northwest Health Northwest Health (nwgapublichealth.org)
- Your other options: Armuchee Pharmacy / Kroger Pharmacy / Publix Pharmacy / Walgreens Pharmacy / Walmart Pharmacy (East Rome) / Winslett Pharmacy
- Regional deaths: 641 deaths; probable deaths: 89.
- 25 patients in Floyd, Redmond; down 5.
- 13 new positive cases in past 24 hours. Record: 404 on Jan. 22.
- 27 deaths in Georgia. Pandemic daily record: 187 on Feb. 12, 2021.
- 761 new cases. State record: 10,379 new cases on Jan. 8.
- For more: Public Health / Vaccines / Long-term care reports / Nation/world: Worldometers or Johns Hopkins.
COVID on campus:
“Probable deaths” includes individuals who are antigen positive or individuals with compatible illness and known close contact to a case that were either reported to DPH as deceased by healthcare providers or medical examiners/coroners, identified by death certificates with COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death, or there is evidence that COVID contributed to the individual’s death OR individuals with a death certificate that has COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death and there is no laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2.”
- Floyd: 12 patients, down 3.
- Redmond: 13 patients, down 2. One patient awaiting test results.
Floyd: 10,010, up 6.
Bartow: 11,243, up 2.
Gordon: 6,504, up 1.
Polk: 3,954, up 1.
Chattooga: 2,253, up 3.
TOTAL: 33,964, up 13.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES: For weekday updates from the state, please click here.