Heard on the Tweet: Some ‘Tropical’ grand opening specials today. Sneak peek at burgers, BBQ and a stunning building. The ‘Vax Meal’ deal: Free burgers, dogs and maybe a TV. More ‘news blues’ in Cartersville.
Floyd records 41st ‘probable’ death on Friday. 10% of Floyd County residents have now tested positive for coronavirus. Weekly update from Dr. Gary Voccio on virus, vaccination. Rome hospitals have 25 COVID patients, down 5.
Graduation 2021: Berry to graduate 389 students this morning (webcast). Georgia Highlands services next Thursday. From Thursday: Shorter, Georgia Northwestern award diplomas.
Georgia Northwestern’s 2021 Spring drive-through commencement ceremony: Words and more than 60 pictures.
Education: Darlington’s annual Brown Dinner honors faculty, staff.
Busy Saturday ahead: Barbecue contest, two concerts (Cody Johnson, Scott Thompson), Berry graduates 389 students, state high school tennis championships with 32 teams. On Sunday: Mother’s Day.
Buzz: Buzz: Rome bags garbage bags at Walker Mountain Landfill effective June 1. Berry’s outdoor campus reopens to public Sunday. Elections board meets Tuesday.
Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Get outdoors; this will be the best day of the weekend. Warmer, gusty on Mother’s Day with rain returning.
Obituaries: Mr. Melvin Boatner, Mr. Jerry Eugene Cavin, Mrs. Nancy Irene Kempt, Benjamin Edward (Ben) Whittington.
Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Model’s Riley Dooley to continue cheering career at Jacksonville State.
- Rome Braves at Winston-Salem continues through Sunday.
- Atlanta Braves host the Phillies tonight, Sunday night.
- State high school tennis championships in town today.
- High school baseball, soccer updates.
- Personnel, minicamp updates from Atlanta Falcons.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.