- Jobs: State changing requirements for unemployment benefits; applicants must show at least three job search contacts each week.
- 10% of Floyd County residents have now tested positive for coronavirus. Total since March of last year: 10,000. Rome hospitals have 30 COVID patients, double since 15 on April 23 (lowest this year).
- 14 sign at Floyd County Schools College and Career Academy’s 4th Annual Georgia Future Educators Signing Day
- Graduation 2021: Shorter, Georgia Northwestern hold commencement ceremonies (260 photos); Berry next (and has a ‘signing’ video already out). What’s ahead.
- Alice and her five babies (cygnets) are putting on a show lakeside at Darlington. Here are the latest images.
- Bartow Sole County Commissioner Steve Taylor named president of Georgia’s association of county commissioners.
- Buzz: Lifeguards needed; pay is $10 and up. Busy week begins for PALs’ moms, kids. John Towers’ historic flight 102 years ago today.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny, cool start to the weekend; strong gusts today. Sunday: low 80s and then rain returns.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Evelyn Mae McBurnett Dodd, Baby Zariyah Harris, Ms. Patricia Hoskins, Mrs. Ruby Jewell Shell.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Rome Braves take third straight from Winston-Salem; serious continues through Sunday.
- Atlanta Braves open home stand tonight with no capacity limits; finish sweep of Nationals, 3-2.
- Rich Duncan, Berry Vikings’ offensive coordinator since day one, named head coach at Rhodes.
- High school, college baseball updates.
- State high school soccer updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.