- Crunch Weekend means crowds: Barbecue contest, two concerts (Cody Johnson, Scott Thompson), Berry graduates 389 students, state high school tennis championships with 32 teams — and Mother’s Day.
- 2 more deaths — 1 in Floyd, 1 in Gordon — posted Wednesday. Also: Another ‘probable’ death in Floyd. 27 virus patients in Rome hospitals, up 2. 14 new cases.
- RPD: Toxicology reports led to vehicular homicide and other charges filed against a Rome woman; the victim was a passenger in her car.
- Health: ‘The Marty Party’ indeed. Redmond Emergency Medical Services Director Marty Robinson earns Georgia’s EMS Director of the Year honors.
- Education/guest column: ‘The teaching profession is unique in that it directly shapes our future. Let teachers know that the public doesn’t, in fact, hate them.’
- Graduation 2021: Shorter, Georgia Northwestern commence the commencement ceremonies on Thursday. What’s ahead.
- Buzz: Pepperell High students host community job fair Monday. Rome-Floyd Recycling Center’s Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics collection set for May 15. Exchange Club helps Bagwell Food Pantry.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid 70s through Saturday; low 80s on Mother’s Day. Latest updates on swollen waterways.
- Obituaries: Rev. Jose Luis Reunilla, Mrs. Carolyn Mae Wynn Thacker.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Rome High shares 17 student athlete signings.
- Model’s Belle Bryant signs to swim for Berry (a first for Floyd schools).
- Rome Braves vs. Winston-Salem through Sunday.
- Atlanta Braves in Washington tonight; open home stand Friday with no capacity limits.
- High school, college baseball updates.
- State high school soccer pairings.
- Community: Puroclean cleans up with RFPRA Adult Basketball title.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.