- Rome’s Special Committee on Housing hears more concerns than potential solutions. Among them: Infrastructure, even tie-in fees.
- Polk resident the latest COVID victim in NW Georgia (639). State reports 27 new cases here on Tuesday. 25 virus patients at Rome hospitals, up two. Plus: GNTC students are making a difference.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: 750 customers without power today following Tuesday night’s final blast. 2.41 inches of rain; Oostanaula River at ‘action’ stage where gates are closed (almost 19 feet).
- Rome woman charged with homicide by vehicle, jail records show; appears tied to fatal accident on North Avenue in March.
- Buzz: Floyd County Democrats meet via Zoom Thursday. Darlington senior scholarship updates – and photo of 3 new ‘residents.’ Berry student earns Fulbright Award.
- Obituaries: Christopher Paul Book, Rebecca Ann Long Dunlap, Judge Leigh Moore DuPre.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Rome Braves open the 2021 season with 11-5 win; what’s next.
- Atlanta Braves slam Nationals, 6-1; in Washington through Thursday.
- Grayson Perry of Armuchee High School earns FCA’s Rick Walker Warrior Award.
- Armuchee’s Chandler Cook signs with Shorter to play basketball.
- RAV teams have something to rave about.
- High school, college baseball updates.
- State high school soccer pairings.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.