- Ware Mechanical Weather Center:Storms should start around midday today with the threat lasting most of the night. Flash flood watch continues; another 1.5 inches of rain due. Updates all day.
- Piedmont Healthcare buys Cartersville Medical Center as part of a nearly $1 billion deal with HCA; includes 3 other hospitals. No updates on Redmond/AdventHealth report.
- Rome’s Special Committee on Housing meets this afternoon to discuss ‘workforce housing’ affordability — and dwindling availability. Plus: Updates on housing market trends.
- COVID (updated): Rome Schools — from 44 students, staff in quarantine (updated). 23 COVID patients in Rome hospitals Monday. 10 new positive cases in Northwest Georgia.
- Rome Braves’ updates: The season starts on the road tonight; meet the new team. Once home May 18, State Mutual Stadium will open all 5,105 seats for fans.
- Buzz: Model Middle’s Sara Grace Abernathy wins Optimist International GATEway District Oratorical contest. 2 called Floyd County Board of Education meetings on Wednesday. Prevention Week May 9-15. Baconfest this Saturday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Rachel Banister Bargainnier, Mr. Roosevelt Delbert Stiles.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Rome Braves open season in Winston-Salem tonight. What to know and how to listen.
- Rome Braves to open home stand May 18 with full capacity seating; COVID protocols remain including mandatory masks.
- Meet the 2021 Rome Braves.
- Atlanta Braves were off Monday; open series in Washington tonight.
- High school, college baseball updates.
- State soccer pairings.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.