Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Congratulations to Pepperell High Senior Lauren Carden who will continue her education and cheerleading career at Shorter University.
Berry College head football coach, Tony Kunczewski, announced on Friday the team’s newcomers for the upcoming 2021 season, including Clay Crawford from Pepperell High and Hayden Cagle from Cartersville High. The group will join the five-time Southern Athletic Association Champions. “Recruiting this class in the middle of a global pandemic was not easy,” said coach Kunczewski. “I want to thank our administration, our admissions office and certainly our coaches and players for making this class happen. Everyone played a role in helping us secure another top class both academically and athletically. We feel this class will continue to grow our program to one of the best in the Southern Athletic Conference and helping us to climb the ladder on a national scale.”
(OL, Rome, Ga., Pepperell High School, 6-3, 265 pounds). A member of the football, basketball and track teams at Pepperell High School, Crawford joins the Vikings as an All-State, All-Area and All-Region honoree. In 2019, he played in the Georgia Elite Classic All-Star Game and was named a team captain for the 2020 football season.
Clay is the son of Kevin and Amy Crawford and plans to major in creative technologies.
(OL, Cartersville, Ga., Cartersville High School, 6-1, 250 pounds) Cagle, a highly decorated offensive lineman, was an All-State and All Region selection as a senior. He was part of three region championships and played in two state championship games. Hayden is the son of Jody and Tamela Cagle.
From the Atlanta Falcons:
- Round 1 | Pick 4 (4 overall) Florida’s Kyle Pitts, TE
- Round 2 | Pick 3 (40 overall) University of Central Florida’s Richie Grant, S
- Round 3 | Pick 4 (68 overall) Michigan’s Jalen Mayfield, OL
- Round 4 | Pick 3 (108 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 4 (148 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 38* (182 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 39* (183 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 3 (187 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 35* (219 overall)
- * Denotes a compensatory pick.
- Rounds 4-7 begin at noon today. Draft
We have agreed to terms with QB AJ McCarron.
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) April 30, 2021
Atlanta Braves: Braves fall to Toronto, 13-5.
Rome Braves 2021 season: First game is Tuesday on the road; home opener May 18.
- Rome Braves plan 3 nights of fireworks, 8 nights with bobbleheads and food/drink specials in 2021 season. Also: Single-game tickets are now on sale. 2021
- Season starts Tuesday on the road; home opener is May 18 vs. Bowling Green. 2021 schedule
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL/spring
- May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
The Darlington Youth Football Camp will be held June 1-4 from 9 a.m.-noon each day and is free for all boys ages 6-14. Registration forms can be found at www.darlingtonschool.org under Summer Programs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia High School Association posts 2021 fall football schedules. Please click here to double check on the schedules most teams already have posted on their respective social media accounts. Most teams begin play on Aug. 20.
- Unity Christian: Please click here for the Lions’ fall schedule, also starting Aug. 20.
SEC schedules football media days for July 19-22. Tentative schedule