Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Pepperell High dominates 7-AA All-Region team: Some teams have a season, and then there’s the Pepperell Dragons. As shown above, PHS won player of the year, defensive player of the year and coach of the year. Also: Four players on the first team; four players on the second team; and two players, honorable mention. The honors were decided by the coaches in 7-AA. Here’s a look at the AA playoff brackets as games start this week.
Atlanta Braves smother Cubs, 10-0. Huascar Ynoa homered — one of 5 Braves to do so — and struck out 9 in 5 1/3 innings to set the tone in the shutout.
Rome Braves 2021 season: First game is Tuesday on the road; home opener May 18.
- The Rome Braves are partnering with The LeNoir Group to honor past and current military through the Military Hero of the Game program. The program pays tribute to military members of our community with tickets and a parking pass to a Rome Braves game and videoboard recognition of the military personnel during the game. To nominate a deserving candidate in our area, please click Thank You
- Friday: To promote the return of Minor League Baseball, the Rome Braves are giving away a collectible “Baseball Is Back” schedule poster. The Braves will be outside Gate 2 (near the Customer Service booth), and will bring it “safely to your car on the curb… limit 2 per car.” Details
- Rome Braves plan 3 nights of fireworks, 8 nights with bobbleheads and food/drink specials in 2021 season. Also: Single-game tickets are now on sale. 2021
- Season starts Tuesday on the road; home opener is May 18 vs. Bowling Green. 2021 schedule
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL/spring
- May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
The Darlington Youth Football Camp will be held June 1-4 from 9 a.m.-noon each day and is free for all boys ages 6-14. Registration forms can be found at www.darlingtonschool.org under Summer Programs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia High School Association posts 2021 fall football schedules. Please click here to double check on the schedules most teams already have posted on their respective social media accounts. Most teams begin play on Aug. 20.
- Unity Christian: Please click here for the Lions’ fall schedule, also starting Aug. 20.
SEC schedules football media days for July 19-22. Tentative schedule
From the Atlanta Falcons: The 2021 NFL Draft will be broadcast on NFL Network, ABC, ESPN, and ESPN Deportes live from Cleveland, Ohio. The Draft will kickoff with the first round tonight at 8 with the second and third rounds beginning at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 30, and the fourth through seventh rounds beginning at noon ET on Saturday, May 1.
Falcons fans can get their pre-draft fix by tuning into Fox 5 Atlanta for a special edition of Dirty Birds: Path to the Draft on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. The special will feature exclusive interviews with general manager Terry Fontenot and head coach Arthur Smith as well as breakdowns from former Falcons Harry Douglas and D.J. Shockley.
AtlantaFalcons.com will air a special Pre-Draft live show at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday shortly before the Falcons go on the clock. Presented by Truist, the show will be live streamed on AtlantaFalcons.com. and led by Wes Durham, Dave Archer, and D.J. Shockley. The trio will break down the teams’ roster, needs, prospects the Falcons could target, and their picks for how the draft will shake out. The show will also feature interviews with Smith and Fontenot as they put the finishing touches on their preparations.
- Round 1 | Pick 4 (4 overall)
- Round 2 | Pick 3 (35 overall)
- Round 3 | Pick 4 (68 overall)
- Round 4 | Pick 3 (108 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 4 (148 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 38* (182 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 39* (183 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 3 (187 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 35* (219 overall)
* – Denotes a compensatory pick.
- What to know about the NFL Draft beginning April 29. Draft