- Reports continue over possible sale of Redmond Regional to Advent Health. With 230 beds, annual pay/benefits of $80 million and $4.3 million in taxes, the HCA-owned hospital has a huge impact on NW Georgia, NE Alabama.
- 2020 was another boom year for Bartow’s economic development: 503 new jobs, $367.7 million in new capital investment.
- Education: Dr. Dana Nichols named interim president of Georgia Highlands; currently serves as chief academic officer and provost.
- 2 more COVID deaths in Gordon County; 632 now in NW Georgia. 38 new positive tests posted Wednesday. 18 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond on Wednesday, down 2.
- Shaw posts annual sustainability report, highlighting more cradle-to-grave initiatives and achieving greenhouse gas emissions goal 9 years early.
- Harbin Clinic, Rome Mural CoLab bringing ‘CARE Mural’ to YMCA’s basketball gym this summer; local students to help.
- Buzz: League of Women Voters focusing on redistricting, voter education. Floyd Public Safety Committee meets today at 9 a.m. Shorter sets speakers for May 6 graduation. Darlington’s Michael Jacobs elected president of Georgia Independent School Librarians.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A bit cooler through Sunday with some rain Friday morning and then Sunday morning.
- Obituaries: Mr. Lloyd Gregory Baker, James Daniel “Jim” Bradshaw, Mrs. Linda Jean Brown, Mr. James Charlie Cook, Mr. Kenneth Buck Jeter Jr., Bettie Lois Ristow.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Pepperell dominates 7-AA baseball honors.
- GHSA posts 2021 football schedules; most play first game on Aug. 20. Also: Link to Unity’s schedule.
- Atlanta Braves to open to full capacity on May 7; masks required.
- Braves blank Cubs, 10-0. Series finale tonight.
- Atlanta Falcons have no. 4 pick in tonight’s NFL Draft.
- SEC media days for football return July 19-22.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.