Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Media release: Pepperell High School announces Morgan Pullum as their new head girls volleyball coach.
“I am ecstatic about Coach Pullum leading our Volleyball program forward. She possesses the right attitude, experience, and work ethic to be our next head coach. She has a track record of success whether as a player or as a coach. Coach Pullum laid out a tremendous vision for the volleyball program and has wonderful plans for the upcoming season,” said PHS principal Jamey Alcorn.
From Alabama, Pullum lettered in softball, basketball, and volleyball all four years and was all-state in all three sports during her junior year at West End High School. She received a volleyball scholarship to attend Shorter University, where she was a three-year starter. Pullum graduated in 2018 with a bachelor’s degree in Middle Grades Education with concentration in Mathematics and Social Studies.
“I am grateful to be the next head volleyball coach at PHS. I am excited to be a part of this growing program at Pepperell and to continue being a part of the Pepperell community. It has been a dream of mine to coach at the high school level, and I look forward to not only making a difference on the court but also off the court in the lives of our athletes and students,” said Pullum.
Pullum’s coaching experience includes serving as the head volleyball coach at Pepperell Middle for three years, age 17 for R.A.V. Volleyball Club for one year, and age 15 for Tsunami Volleyball Club for one year. Pullum was most recently the head coach for the Pepperell Middle School girls volleyball team this past season where she serves as a sixth-grade math teacher.
Atlanta Braves open series with Cubs with 8-7 win. Both Freddie Freeman and Dansby Swanson homered vs. the Cubs, marking a turning point for Atlanta.
- Next: Hosts Chicago Cubs, tonight through Thursday at 7:20 p.m.
- A look at Atlanta’s spring training report for minor leaguers. Minors
Rome Braves 2021 season:
- Friday: To promote the return of Minor League Baseball, the Rome Braves are giving away a collectible “Baseball Is Back” schedule poster. The Braves will be outside Gate 2 (near the Customer Service booth), and will bring it “safely to your car on the curb… limit 2 per car.” Details
- Rome Braves plan 3 nights of fireworks, 8 nights with bobbleheads and food/drink specials in 2021 season. Also: Single-game tickets are now on sale. 2021
- Season starts May 4 on the road; home opener is May 18 vs. Bowling Green. 2021 schedule
May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
From the Atlanta Falcons: The 2021 NFL Draft will be broadcast on NFL Network, ABC, ESPN, and ESPN Deportes live from Cleveland, Ohio. The Draft will kickoff with the first round on Thursday, April 28 at 8 p.m. ET with the second and third rounds beginning at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 30, and the fourth through seventh rounds beginning at noon ET on Saturday, May 1.
Falcons fans can get their pre-draft fix by tuning into Fox 5 Atlanta for a special edition of Dirty Birds: Path to the Draft on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. The special will feature exclusive interviews with general manager Terry Fontenot and head coach Arthur Smith as well as breakdowns from former Falcons Harry Douglas and D.J. Shockley.
AtlantaFalcons.com will air a special Pre-Draft live show at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday shortly before the Falcons go on the clock. Presented by Truist, the show will be live streamed on AtlantaFalcons.com. and led by Wes Durham, Dave Archer, and D.J. Shockley. The trio will break down the teams’ roster, needs, prospects the Falcons could target, and their picks for how the draft will shake out. The show will also feature interviews with Smith and Fontenot as they put the finishing touches on their preparations.
- Round 1 | Pick 4 (4 overall)
- Round 2 | Pick 3 (35 overall)
- Round 3 | Pick 4 (68 overall)
- Round 4 | Pick 3 (108 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 4 (148 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 38* (182 overall)
- Round 5 | Pick 39* (183 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 3 (187 overall)
- Round 6 | Pick 35* (219 overall)
* – Denotes a compensatory pick.
- What to know about the NFL Draft beginning April 29. Draft
- Wednesday: The Pitch, Hit and Run Competition is the one for you to show off your all around baseball skills. Set to take place at 6 p.m. boys and girls age 14 and under compete at the Alto Park Complex to see who has the most accurate strike in the game, furthest hit from a stationary tee, and quickest base running times from starting at home plate to finishing at home plate. Local winners can advance to the regional level competition. Register today to show off your baseball skills at rfpra.com/pitchhitrun.