- Hundreds of jobs available here but ‘we just can’t find people to fill them.’ Employers point to pandemic benefits where ‘folks can make over $16 an hour not working.’
- Five weeks from the end of classes, push on to drop mask mandate at Floyd County Schools.
- Child critical, two others hurt in collision that shut down I-75 south Sunday night.
- NW Georgia counties behind the state average when it comes to those ‘fully vaccinated.’ State average: 23%. Local averages: 15% to 21%. Plus other COVID updates.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Warm week ahead with highs of 80 today, 85 by Tuesday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Susie M. Bryant, Mr. Lenesto Freeman, Mrs. Linda Annette Hicks.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Darlington’s Thomas Speed signs with Birmingham-Southern football.
- Atlanta Braves drop doubleheader vs. Arizona, 5-0 and 7-0. Cubs in town today-Thursday.
- ACC wraps up men’s, women’s tennis tournament champs: N. Carolina women; Virginia men.
- Pitch, Hit and Run Competitions coming to Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation.
- Atlanta Falcons updates / NFL Draft.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.