Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
There’s a new mural in Downtown Cartersville featuring hometown football star Trevor Lawrence who is expected to be the No. 1 draft pick in next weekend’s NFL Draft. This mural is on the side of Agan’s Bakery off W. Main Street. The artist will be coming back April 29 to finish the artwork.
Berry College falls to Birmingham-Southern College (BSC) in the Southern Athletic Association championship at State Mutual Stadium on Saturday. Berry won first game in the double elimination tournament, 14-4 over BSC to force game 2. The second game got underway before thunderstorms moved in causing a rain delay. Play resumed with Berry falling to BSC, 25-4. SAA schedule
Atlanta Braves Saturday’s game rained out vs. Arizona.
- Next: Hosts Arizona at 1:20 p.m. for doubleheader today. Monday-Thursday at home vs. Chicago Cubs.
Rome Braves 2021 season:
- April 30: To promote the return of Minor League Baseball, the Rome Braves are giving away a collectible “Baseball Is Back” schedule poster. The Braves will be outside Gate 2 (near the Customer Service booth), and will bring it “safely to your car on the curb… limit 2 per car.” Details
- Rome Braves plan 3 nights of fireworks, 8 nights with bobbleheads and food/drink specials in 2021 season. Also: Single-game tickets are now on sale. 2021
- Season starts May 4 on the road; home opener is May 18 vs. Bowling Green. 2021 schedule
Today: Final day of 2021 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Tennis Championships at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College. Local fans will have to catch all the action via live stream since spectators will not be allowed at the event because of COVID protocols.
May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 28: The Pitch, Hit and Run Competition is the one for you to show off your all around baseball skills. Set to take place at 6 p.m. boys and girls age 14 and under compete at the Alto Park Complex to see who has the most accurate strike in the game, furthest hit from a stationary tee, and quickest base running times from starting at home plate to finishing at home plate. Local winners can advance to the regional level competition. Register today to show off your baseball skills at rfpra.com/pitchhitrun.