- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Strong to severe thunderstorms possible today, up to 2 inches of rainfall. Storms will move through this morning, could redevelop in afternoon.
- Business: Lazy Creek Farms in Armuchee offering strawberries (and ice cream) for the first time; some know them for their fall harvest: Pumpkins. You’ll be back for both.
- 79th COVID death in Polk County. 15 patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday, down 2. New cases: 38 in NW Georgia. Voccio: ‘Things are looking better’ but ‘we’re still in a pandemic.’ Georgia Public Health to resume use of J&J vaccine.
- Buzz: Seasonal events in downtown Rome get OK for alcohol consumption. Rome Redevelopment to hear about project near Braves’ stadium. Honoring Floyd 911 team. More work on I-75 Monday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Ruby B. Cargle, Mrs. Linda Frances Chandler, Teresa Ann Hammond Knowles, Vernon Henry Morris, Mr. Matthew Wayne Sealock, James Ray Segraves.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Berry heads to championship game today in SAA tournament at State Mutual Stadium (open to the public; masks required).
- Braves vs. Arizona at 7:20 tonight; 1:20 p.m. Sunday.
- ACC tennis today-Sunday at Rome Tennis Center.
- Georgia Tech’s spring football game updates.
- Pitch, Hit and Run Competitions coming to Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation.
- Atlanta Falcons updates / NFL Draft.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.