Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The Berry College baseball team hosts the Southern Athletic Association tournament at State Mutual Stadium, the home of the Rome Braves. It is a double elimination tournament. The games are open to the public. Tickets will be $10/person and $5/student with SAA ID. Children 6 and under are free. SAA schedule / Masks are required.
- Berry falls to 8-0 vs. Centre.
- Birmingham-Southern 10, Rhodes 0.
- Game 3: noon: Centre vs. Birmingham-Southern.
- Game 4: 3:30: Berry vs. Rhodes.
- Game 5: 7 p.m. Loser of game 1 will play winner of game 2.
Atlanta Braves off Thursday.
- Next: Hosting Arizona at 7:20 tonight, Saturday; 1:20 p.m. Sunday..
Rome Braves 2021 season:
April 30: To promote the return of Minor League Baseball, the Rome Braves are giving away a collectible “Baseball Is Back” schedule poster. The Braves will be outside Gate 2 (near the Customer Service booth), and will bring it “safely to your car on the curb… limit 2 per car.” Details
Today-Sunday: 27 men’s and women’s tennis teams from Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) schools will be in town for the 2021 ACC Tennis Championships at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College. But local fans will have to catch all the action via live stream since spectators will not be allowed at the event because of COVID protocols.
Tonight: Georgia Tech spring game:
- 6 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium; ACC Network.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL/spring
May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
- April 28: The Pitch, Hit and Run Competition is the one for you to show off your all around baseball skills. Set to take place at 6 p.m. boys and girls age 14 and under compete at the Alto Park Complex to see who has the most accurate strike in the game, furthest hit from a stationary tee, and quickest base running times from starting at home plate to finishing at home plate. Local winners can advance to the regional level competition. Register today to show off your baseball skills at rfpra.com/pitchhitrun.