- Coroner: Drowsy driving could have been a factor in collision that killed two Rome drivers Thursday morning. 6 have died on Rome roads since Jan. 1.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny and 70 today but watch out for Saturday. At least 1.5 inches of rain starting early morning.
- 11th ‘probable’ death in Gordon County. 17 patients in Floyd, Redmond on Thursday, down 1. New cases: 29 in NW Georgia.
- Business: As Sunrise Manufacturing prepares for larger quarters, the existing site now on sale for $2.3 million.
- Gordon first responders, resident find missing 87-year-old man.
- Health: Polk Medical Center is the state’s first hospital to be recognized for enhanced care of older adults.
- Buzz: Berry student’s idea wins $10,000 at Pitch contest. Bartow/Gordon District Attorney Samir Patel named to state safety board. Model pair wins oratory contest. Community Shred Days set (today, May 1).
- Obituaries: Mr. Kerry Dean Foster, Anne Elizabeth Hatch Troutman.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Berry falls in SAA tournament opener; round two today at State Mutual Stadium (open to the public; masks required).
- Braves off Thursday; open series vs. Arizona at 7:20 tonight.
- Rome Braves’ drive-through poster give away set for April 30.
- ACC tennis today-Sunday at Rome Tennis Center.
- Georgia Tech’s spring football game tonight at 6 on ACC.
- Pitch, Hit and Run Competitions coming to Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation.
- Atlanta Falcons updates / NFL Draft.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.