Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
The Berry College baseball team clinched the Southern Athletic Association regular season championship and now is the No. 1 seed in the SAA Tournament coming to State Mutual Stadium this week.
The Vikings, with a 19-5 overall conference record and ranked 13th nationally, will serve as the host team at the home of the Rome Braves beginning on Thursday.
Berry will take on the No. 4 seed Centre Colonels at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday to start the tournament. The games are open to the public. Tickets will be $10/person and $5/student with SAA ID. Children 6 and under are free. SAA schedule.
Masks are required.
For more information on Berry baseball, follow the team on Twitter @BerryVikings or @BC_Baseball.
- The Berry College baseball team jumped three spots to No. 13 in the latest National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) Top-25.
Atlanta Braves fall to Yankees, 3-1. Though quiet bats and an unsteady ‘pen squandered Charlie Morton’s 6 sharp frames, Atlanta isn’t worried.
- Next: At New York Yankees, 6:20 tonight..
Rome Braves 2021 season:
Today-Sunday: 27 men’s and women’s tennis teams from Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) schools will be in town for the 2021 ACC Tennis Championships at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College, April 21-25. But local fans will have to catch all the action via live stream since spectators will not be allowed at the event because of COVID protocols. ACC Tennis
Friday: Georgia Tech spring game:
- 6 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium; ACC Network.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL/spring
May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage
- May 14: Coosa High ‘Eagles under the Lights.’
- May 15: Armuchee v Woodland (Ala.) at Jacksonville State University, 11 a.m.
Today: GHC women: Next up in the NJCAA National Tournament: GHC vs. no.4 South Plains at 2 p.m. EDT today in Lubbock, Texas. Chargers
- This afternoon: Junior Home Run Derby at Darlington School with first pitch set for 5 p.m. Kids age 14 and under compete in the Jr. Home Run Derby showing off their slugging skills. Awards given to the top competitors of the two age groups: 12U and 14U. Register for the Jr. Home Run Derby today at rfpra.com/jrhd.
- April 28: The Pitch, Hit and Run Competition is the one for you to show off your all around baseball skills. Set to take place at 6 p.m. boys and girls age 14 and under compete at the Alto Park Complex to see who has the most accurate strike in the game, furthest hit from a stationary tee, and quickest base running times from starting at home plate to finishing at home plate. Local winners can advance to the regional level competition. Register today to show off your baseball skills at rfpra.com/pitchhitrun.