Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
From UGA Athletics: Quarterback JT Daniels passed for more than 300 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Red past the Black 28-23 in Georgia’s G-Day Game on Saturday in front of 20,524 at Dooley Field at Sanford Stadium. Daniels went 28-of-41 for 324 yards with touchdown passes to receivers Adonai Mitchell, Kearis Jackson, and Demetris Robertson. Game recap
High school tennis finals coming to Rome: The Georgia High School Association’s state championships in tennis will be played at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College on May. 8. The schedule:
27 men’s and women’s tennis teams from Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) schools will be in Rome for the 2021 ACC Tennis Championships at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College, April 21-25. But local fans will have to catch all the action via live stream since spectators will not be allowed at the event because of COVID protocols. ACC Tennis
- Saturday: Braves fall 13-4 to Cubs.
- Next: Today at 7:08 p.m. at Chicago. Off on Monday.
Rome Braves 2021 season:
- Alabama: White over Crimson, 13-10, during Saturday’s A-Day game. Recap
- Georgia: Red team over Black team, 28-23, during Saturday’s G-Day game. Recap
Georgia Tech spring game April 23:
- 6 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium; ACC Network.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
May 13: Darlington’s spring scrimmage, 7 p.m. at home vs. North Murray.
- May 14: Rome High’s Red and Gold Scrimmage is May 14.
GHC women advance to national basketball playoffs: The Georgia Highlands Chargers women’s team faces no. 20 seed Southern Idaho at 7 p.m. on April 19. in the NJCAA National Tournament in Lubbock, Texas. Chargers
- Junior Home Run Derby on Wednesday, April 21 at Darlington School with first pitch set for 5 p.m. Kids age 14 and under compete in the Jr. Home Run Derby showing off their slugging skills. Awards given to the top competitors of the two age groups: 12U and 14U. Register for the Jr. Home Run Derby today at rfpra.com/jrhd.
- The Pitch, Hit and Run Competition is the one for you to show off your all around baseball skills. Set to take place on Wednesday, April 28 at 6 p.m. boys and girls age 14 and under compete at the Alto Park Complex to see who has the most accurate strike in the game, furthest hit from a stationary tee, and quickest base running times from starting at home plate to finishing at home plate. Local winners can advance to the regional level competition. Register today to show off your baseball skills at rfpra.com/pitchhitrun.