Newby Farm and Vineyard tasting room opens April 20 at 411 Broad St. A labor of love for family and friends, the tasting room for Newby Farm and Vineyard opens to the community on Tuesday with at least seven locally crafted wines to sample and buy. William and Shannon Newby have spent several years nurturing the operation, from their farm to production and bottling, followed by a complete refit of the former AR Workshop on Broad Street into the tasting room and point of sales.
What you need to know:
- The hours, which are subject to change, as noon until 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday; until 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and until 6 p.m. Sunday. William Newby says those might shift depending on customer demand.
- Flights of wine samples are $15 and you keep the glass. Separate wine pours will be $8 and $9 and bottles will sell for $28 to $32 each. Also available: charcuterie boards. Newby says he’s not planning a kitchen.
- For more: Facebook / Website
- For some background on the farm and the tasting room, please click Newby.
- Area wineries: More on Northwest Georgia’s growing wine experience: Nearby