- Business: Nearly $10 million in major building permits issued in Rome/Floyd during the first three months of 2021. That includes Kohl’s, restaurants, Floyd, Summit Hill and others.
- 2 more die in Bartow; county’s toll now 204. 38 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond; down 10 since Thursday. New NW Georgia cases reported Friday: 32. Vaccine clinics at Thankful Baptist on Saturday, St. Mary’s Monday.
- Georgia Health News: State Public Health stops Johnson & Johnson vaccinations in Cumming after eight report adverse reactions.
- The families of 617 NW Georgia COVID victims can apply for funeral cost assistance with FEMA starting Monday. What to know.
- Old Dominion, longtime local favorites, returning for June 5 concert at Ridge Ferry Park, part of the Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Summer Concert Series.
- Buzz: Public Safety Job Expo is today from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Thornton Center. Chieftains Herb & Plant Sale extended through Sunday. Taylor’s Ridge update from Georgia DOT.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: At least a half-inch of rain with severe storms, damaging winds possible throughout the day. Continuing updates.
- Obituaries: Karemy Domain Jacobs, longtime Partridge owner, remembered. Also: Roger Shell, Dr. James F. Cook, Mrs. Sarah Jane Edwards, Deacon Roy Leonard Hackett Sr., Ms. Charlene Turner, Ms. Yvonne Ware.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: On Lakeshore Drive with a waterway view or a Woodstock cottage with access to everything. Open House
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Braves homestand continue today, Sunday vs. Phillies. Latest updates.
- Links to The Masters; web and TV updates.
- High school football notes.
- Junior Home Run Derby, Pitch, Hit and Run Competitions coming to Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation.
- UGA, Alabama, Tech spring football dates, TV times.
- Atlanta Falcons updates / NFL Draft.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.