Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Middle grades history teacher Samantha Rush has been named head girls’ basketball coach at Darlington School.
“I am very excited to name Samantha Rush as our head girls basketball coach,” said Athletic Director Eddie Guth. “She has worked tremendously hard and has been driven, caring, and persistent in her efforts with the girls. I expect she will share her passion, spirit and love of the game with the entire program.”
Rush has taught history at Darlington since 2016 and led the middle school basketball team to three consecutive area championships in 2019, 2020, and 2021. She also coaches middle school softball.
“I am very excited to be working with these girls again,” said Rush. “I look forward to the challenge of coaching them at a different level and building on the strong foundation, fundamentals, and defense-first mentality that has made them successful the past several years.”
A graduate of Armuchee High School, Rush played basketball at Shorter College from 1995 to 1999, while earning her B.S. in Education. After college, she coached basketball at Oglethorpe University, Cedartown High School and Pepperell Middle School before being hired at Darlington.
She and her husband, Don, are the parents of Mackay (’24) and Sidney (’26).
Click here for more information about Darlington’s girls’ basketball program.
Atlanta Braves fall 3-2 to Phillies on the road. Pablo Sandoval hit a clutch 2-run homer, but Atlanta came up short in extra innings against the rival Phillies.
- Next: At Phillies, 4 p.m. Saturday, Bally Sports
- Home opener: Friday, April 9, 7:20 p.m. vs. Phillies. Crowd: 33% capacity.
- April 23: The Atlanta Braves are set to expand their capacity to 50% for their second homestand which begins on April 23 with a three-game series versus the Arizona Diamondbacks followed by a four-game series against the Chicago Cubs (April 26-29). The change in capacity will not change the health and safety measures which are in place at Truist Park for the 2021 season including wearing a mask when not actively eating or drinking. Braves games will also feature a contactless experience with mobile ticketing and ordering and there will be enhanced sanitization throughout the ballpark.
Rome Braves 2021 season:
- Kanekoa Texeira named manager of the Rome Braves, joining five new faces on the field and returning coach Bobby Moore. Braves
- Season starts May 4 on the road; home opener is May 18 vs. Bowling Green. 2021 schedule
- 1 p.m., Alabama on ESPN.
- 2 p.m., Georgia on SEC Network.
Georgia Tech spring game April 23:
- 6 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium; ACC Network.
- South Carolina, featuring Model High’s Victaria Saxton, advances to final four. Next up: No. 1 Stanford at 6 this evening.
Friday, April 2 6 p.m., ESPN No. 1 Stanford vs. No. 1 South Carolina 9:30 p.m., ESPN No. 1 UConn vs. No. 3 Arizona Sunday, April 4 6 p.m., ESPN NCAA Women’s Basketball Championship
Men: Tournament schedule. NCAA
|Final Four — Saturday, April 3|
|(1) Baylor vs. (2) Houston||CBS||5:14 p.m.||Lucas Oil Stadium Unity|
|(1) Gonzaga vs. (11) UCLA||CBS||8:34 p.m.||Lucas Oil Stadium Unity|
|National championship — Monday, April 5|
|TBD||CBS||9 p.m.||Lucas Oil Stadium Unity|