- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Severe weather possible today, especially in the late afternoon. At least an inch of rain. Flash flood watch in effect. Continuing updates.
- 20-year-old Rome man charged in collision that killed a Rome High senior and his father last month, jail records show.
- Floyd County begins search for next chief elections clerk. One big difference this time: A potential significant boost in pay.
- The idea of placing a park on the Fifth Avenue bridge hits a snag: It is owned by Floyd County, not the city.
- Real estate: Mixed report on February home sales in Northwest Georgia — up mostly vs. the same month last year but down from robust January.
- Education: Interim no more, Jill Thacker named principal at Model Middle School. Pepperell High’s Briley Cordle, Nikki Fosha selected for the Teens in the Driver Seat Teens Advisory Board.
- Buzz: Spring Art Market returns April 10-11; all outdoors. Parks and Recreation brings back The Market starting April 10. Cabell’s Designs spring opening is May 5-8. Berry sunrise service for students, staff only.
- Obituaries: Mr. Horace Rickey Deaton, Charles Edward Jarrett, Ms. Georgia Leon Smith, Mr. Chrispin Glenn Stansell.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Georgia Highlands’ baseball, basketball teams both nationally ranked; Vikings baseball no. 12.
- Braves fall 6-3 to Pirates; opening day a week from today.
- Georgia falls in women’s tournament; Tech in Sweet 16.
- Rome Braves host area high schools this weekend.
- Shorter closes spring football season Saturday at Darlington vs. Fort Valley State.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.