Home sales in the new year got off to a better start than 12 months earlier. The Greater Rome Board of Realtors say 40.8% surge in sales vs. January 2020 as well as an89.3% in sales volume. Total sales dipped, however, compared to December 2020 while the sales volume was up 4%. Reports from Bartow and Gordon counties appears below. All data comes from the Greater Rome Board of Realtors and the Northwest Metro Association of Realtors.
Bartow County | January 2021
- Total single family home sales: 101 (no change)
- Median sales price: $235,000 (23.7% increase)
- Average sales price: $267,000 (31.9% increase)
- Total active listings: 138 (56.1% decrease)
- New listings: 130 (15% decrease)
- Month’s Supply: 1.0 (55.7% decrease)
Gordon County | January 2021
- Total single family home sales: 41 (2.5% increase)
- Median sales price: $180,000 (13.6% increase)
- Average sales price: $198,000 (5.9% increase)
- Total active listings: 49 (66.2% decrease)
- New listings: 39 (38.1% decrease)
- Month’s Supply: 1.0 (67.4% decrease)
Bids are due March 15 for a new Family Dollar store in Rockmart at 402 N. Piedmont Ave. Contact the Brannen Development Co. of Atlanta.