Today’s first headlines:
- Business: Buc-ee’s is hiring for Calhoun/Adairsville location. Former Legacy Marketing campus on the market for $3.1 million.
- Business: Xfinity now open at East Bend. Coming Monday: Soft opening for Wingstop.
- Business: International Paper names Kevin Walls mill manager of the Rome Containerboard Mill; to lead staff of 550.
- Georgia Health News: Atrium, Houston Healthcare cancel merger, citing pandemic; it ‘is totally separate and has no effect on the Floyd process,’ Atrium spokesman says.
- Friday: 3 more deaths — Floyd, Gordon, Chattooga. State tops 15,000 victims. 128 new cases in NW Georgia; 45 in Floyd, 42 in Bartow. 55 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday, down 11.
- COVID on campus: 176 in quarantine at Floyd, 121 at Rome schools. Cartersville Schools for the week: 14 test positive, 164 quarantines. Polk: Masks a must on buses.
- Buzz: Honors for Berry’s Campus Carrier. State to review 2018 Floyd election error. Marine Corps League offers scholarships. Pepperell High’s SADD earns state grant.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Mid to upper 70s today, Sunday and then more heavy rain late Sunday into Monday.
- Obituaries: Ms. Clara Mae Gilliam, Mrs. Marjorie Tucker Lane, Kaye Culberson Ryan.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
- Hardy Realty’s open house gallery for Sunday: Historic 1925 mill home charm in Shannon Village. Open house
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- High school basketball state playoffs and what’s next.
- Latest student-athlete signings.
- Today: Berry (home) and Shorter (away) as spring football games continue. Please check attendance policies first.
- Baseball updates including spring training.
- Community sports updates
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.