Today’s first headlines:
- Dining: Eggs Up Grill has sign up, interior work continues at East Bend. Jersey Mike’s opens today. Pick o Deli Riverside: ‘Coming soon.’
- Health District ends free COVID tests in NW Georgia. 4,011 tested positive in region in past 30 days. Also: 70th Polk resident dies from COVID; another ‘probable’ death in Floyd. 60 virus patients in Floyd, Redmond on Tuesday, up 2. Vaccine updates.
- COVID on campus: Rome posts 76 quarantines, up 18; 5 positives. Floyd County: 113 quarantines. Cartersville Schools: 5 students, 1 staffer test positive; 30 new quarantines.
- Lindale man dies after being struck by train Monday evening near Silver Creek.
- Bobby Lee Cook’s obituary traces his life from Chattoogaville to courtrooms across the world. A private funeral is planned with a memorial service to follow.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Another round of low 70s today with sunny skies. An inch of rain due Friday into Saturday.
- Obituaries: Ivy Joe Allen, Mr. Curran Max “Mike” Brown, Ms. Kena Chapman, Bobby Gene George Sr., Mr. Gary Norman Gottlieb, Ms. Joy Linley, Mrs. Bobbie Jo McBurnett Dalrymple, Mrs. Esettle Louise Phillips Prevatt.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Latest high school signings: Pepperell’s Crawford to Berry; Coosa’s Thomas to Shorter.
- High school basketball state playoffs: results, tonight’s games and what’s next.
- Updates on COVID policies at each; game times..
- Berry (home) and Shorter (away) spring football games on Saturday. Please check attendance policies first.
- Baseball updates including spring training; Braves’ full squad reports; tickets on sale today.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.