Today’s first headlines:
- Business: Buc-ee’s is quickly coming together near Calhoun, with 126 ‘fuel handles’ and more than 53,000 square feet of store. Latest photos.
- GBI investigating Gordon County Commission Chair Becky Hood; says it was prompted by a request from the sheriff’s office.
- Health: Floyd added helipad for air ambulances above emergency center facing Second Avenue; will replace Riverside Parkway pad.
- 2 more Floyd deaths, another in Bartow; 2 more ‘probable’ deaths (Floyd, Polk). 58 COVID patients in Floyd, Redmond on Monday, down 2. Bartow to record 10,000 virus case this week. Vaccine updates.
- COVID on campus: Rome posts 76 quarantines, up 18; 5 positives. Cartersville Schools: 7 positives, 77 new quarantines.
- Rome Police continue to seek details on a fatal hit-and-run accident on McLin Street on Jan. 13. How to help.
- Buzz: Rome-Floyd Parks & Recreation posts 2020 annual report; highlights achievements in spite of COVID. Floyd Board of Education meets Monday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny, mid to upper 60s today through Thursday.
- Obituaries: Ms. Kena Chapman, Ms. Joy Linley, Mr. Jerry Everett Peed, Mother Margie Pinson, Ms. Penelope C. “Penny” Tolbert.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday. Barbecue/burger restaurant due by May; gets pouring license.
- Crimewatch brought to you by thestoragehound.com. Updates on arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- High school basketball state playoffs open tonight, continue Wednesday and Friday.
- Updates on COVID policies at each; game times..
- Berry (home) and Shorter (away) spring football games on Saturday. Please check attendance policies first.
- Baseball updates including spring training; Braves’ full squad due today.
- Community sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.