Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL
GHSA State Basketball Tournament: Round 1 (Girls) Games to be played Tuesday or Wednesday; click region for brackets.
Class 6A: Dacula at Rome. 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Grady at Cass (no. 5, state 5A)
- Calhoun at Maynard Jackson
- Cartersville at New Manchester
Class 4A: Cedartown at Marist
- Rockmart at Lumpkin County
- North Hall at Sonoraville (no. 4, state 3A)
- Pace Academy at Chattooga
- Gordon Central at Columbia
A Private: Darlington at Fellowship Christian.
A Public: ACE Charter at Armuchee (no. 8, state 1A public), Tuesday at 6 p.m.
GHSA State Basketball Tournament: Round 1 (Boys)Games to be played Tuesday or Wednesday; click region for brackets.
- Cass at Villa Rica
- Chapel Hill at Calhoun
Class 4A: Marist at Cedartown
Class 3A: Sonoraville vs. Cherokee Bluff
- Kipp at Model, Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Coosa at Lovett
- Columbia at Chattooga
Unity Christian advances to Final 4 in state basketball Division 1-AA tournament. Bracket
- Next up: Lions vs. Valor Christian School, Friday at 4:30 p.m. at Central Fellowship Christian Academy (Macon).
LOCAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL
Berry Vikings, 1-0: Berry at home Saturday vs. Rhodes College, 2 p.m. Webcast linking pending.
- Berry’s fan policy. COVID
Shorter Hawks: Saturday at Kennesaw State, 1 p.m.
- Attending Saturday’s game? 2,000 fans are permitted and it is open to all. Digital tickets only and tickets sold in pods. Masks a must inside the stadium. For policy and tickets: Owls.
- Shorter Hawks to play with their hearts on their helmets this spring to honor the football program’s founder, Coach Phil Jones. Hawks
- Shorter’s fan policy. COVID
Atlanta Braves: Spring training updates.
Leprechaun-a-thon 5K and Health Walk returns March 20 with a new name, COVID-safe ‘waves’ of runners and walkers, and lots of green. The race is set for Saturday, March 20 with the 5K waves beginning at 5 p.m. Walk waves will start at approximately 5:50 p.m. Participants are encouraged to wear as much green as possible as well as decorate with lots of glowing goodies. Music will be playing and BODYARMOR drinks will be available on the Town Green after the race. Expanded details from Parks and Recreation.