Note: we are retiring this page as of midnight Feb. 21. For the latest summary, please click here.
- 8 more die: 4 in Gordon, 2 in Polk and 1 each from Bartow and Chattooga. That’s 70 deaths, 15 probable deaths this month.
- Statewide: 99 deaths in Georgia posted Saturday. Total now at 14,629. Pandemic record: 187 on Feb. 12, 2021.
- February, with 2,059 deaths already, is now the second deadliest month of the pandemic. January was first with 2,698 fatalities.
- 60 patients at Floyd, Redmond Regional as of Friday, down 3. Pandemic record: 163 on Jan. 6, 2021.
- Statewide: 2,390 new cases. Total now: 803,349. State record: 10,379 new cases on Jan. 8.
- Locally: 138 new positive cases in past 24 hours. Record: 404 on Jan. 22.
- Georgia reports: Public Health. / Long-term care reports. Nation/world: Worldometers / Johns Hopkins.
- Floyd: 158. / probable deaths, 31.
- Bartow: 177, up 1 / probable deaths, 15, up 1.
- Gordon: 91, up 4 / probable deaths, 8.
- Polk: 69, up 2 / probable deaths 7.
- Chattooga: 58, up 1 / probable deaths, 6.
- February deaths: 70.
- 553 since first local death on March 15, 2020.
- Probable deaths: 67*
*“Probable Deaths” includes individuals who are antigen positive or individuals with compatible illness and known close contact to a case that were either reported to DPH as deceased by healthcare providers or medical examiners/coroners, identified by death certificates with COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death, or there is evidence that COVID contributed to the individual’s death OR individuals with a death certificate that has COVID-19 indicated as the cause of death and there is no laboratory evidence for SARS-CoV-2.”
- 60 patients in Floyd, Redmond on Friday, down 3.
- Floyd: 31 patients.
- Redmond: 29 patients, down 3. Two patients awaiting tests.
- Regional hospitalizations since March 5: 2,242 (Feb. 20).
POSITIVE TESTS (see above graphic for latest totals; per-day changes below.
- Floyd: 9,131, up 25.
- Bartow: 9,909, up 53.
- Gordon: 5,829, up 35.
- Polk: 3,664, up 20.
- Chattooga: 2,056, up 5.
- Regional total: 30,589, up 138.
Remaining testing sites, times. The tests are free, drive-up and no appointments are needed.
- Floyd County: Wednesday at Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Gordon County: Tuesday at the Senior Center, 150 Cambridge Court, Calhoun, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES: From Feb. 17. For weekday updates from the state, please click here.
Very little change at 33 long-term healthcare campuses in Northwest Georgia: 1 additional death among residents; four overall changes among the campuses in Floyd, Bartow, Gordon, Polk and Chattooga counties between Feb. 9 and Feb. 17. All four recorded slight increases in staff positive tests. 156 residents have died in the long-term care facilities since the pandemic began. Of the 535 overall COVID deaths in the region, these campuses account for 29.5% of those fatalites. Many assumed the percentage was far higher. The reports show:
- Floyd: 54 deaths.
- Bartow: 58 deaths
- Gordon: 23 deaths.
- Polk: 17 deaths.
- Chattooga: 4 deaths.
- Expanded breakout, by county, can be found lower on this page.
- State report, updated each weekday by 5 p.m.: Georgia report
Floyd: 15 facilities.
- Brookdale Rome, 2 residents, 6 staff cases.
- Chulio Hills Health and Rehabilitation, 38 residents, 4 fatalities, 64 staff cases.
- Etowah Landing, 67 residents test positive, 7 deaths, 2 staff cases.
- Evergreen Health, 77 resident cases, 7 resident deaths, 46 staff cases.
- Fifth Avenue Health, 36 resident cases, 2 resident deaths, 42 staff cases.
- Gardens of Rome: 14 resident cases, 5 fatalities, 13 staff cases.
- Harbor at Renaissance Marquis, 4 staff cases.
- Pruitt Health, Three Mile, 63 residents positive, 4 fatalities, 63 staff cases.
- Remembrance Village at Riverwood, 8 resident cases,1 staff case.
- Renaissance Marquis Retirement Village, 1 resident case, 1 fatality, 8 staff cases.
- Riverwood Senior Living, 1 staff case.
- Rome Health and Rehabilitation, 75 resident cases, 13 deaths, 60 staff cases.
- Seven Hills Place, 21 resident cases, 13 staff cases.
- Winthrop Court, 2 resident cases, 3 staff cases.
- Winthrop Health, 61 positive residents, 11 fatalities, 30 staff cases.
Bartow: 9 facilities.
- Cartersville Center for Nursing and Healing, 109 resident cases, 26 deaths, 56 staff.
- Fite Living Center, 9 residents positive, 7 staff cases.
- Fountains in Cartersville, 16 resident cases, 14 staff.
- Highlands Senior Living, 14 resident cases, 2 deaths, 9 staff cases.
- Highlands Senior Living South, 1 staff case.
- Maple Ridge Health Care, 51 resident cases, 12 fatalities, 20 staff cases.
- Townsend Park Health Care, 77 resident cases, 16 fatalities, 39 staff cases.
- Tranquility at Cartersville, 2 resident cases.
- Waldrop Residences, 21 resident cases, 2 fatalities, 5 staff cases.
Gordon: 3 facilities.
- Calhoun Health Care Center, 75 resident cases, 14 deaths, 33 staff cases.
- Gordon Health and Rehabilitation, 36 resident cases, 9 deaths, 41 staff cases.
- Morning Point of Calhoun, 2 resident cases, 2 staff cases.
Polk: 5 facilities
- Big Springs Place, 3 resident cases, 1 death, 5 staff cases.
- Cedar Hill Senior Living Community, 10 resident cases, 11 staff cases.
- Cedar Springs Health and Rehab, 45 resident case, 3 deaths, 31 staffers.
- Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehab Center, 58 resident cases, 11 deaths, 49 staffers.
- Rockmart Health: 34 resident cases, 2 fatalities, 15 staff.
Chattooga: 1 facility.
- Oakview Health and Rehabilitation,108 residents test positive, 4 fatalities, 60 staff cases.
ABOUT OUR SOURCES:
Information for this page comes from Tim Herrington, Floyd County Emergency Management director; EMA director; the Georgia Department of Public Health; and the state Department of Community Affairs.