Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Rome Braves to open 120-game season on the road May 4; first home game May 18. Rome will open the 2021 season on the road on May 4. Rome Braves
Winter weather postpones Berry Vikings’ football vs. Rhodes to Feb. 27: The decision also reduces the spring schedule to three games. Details below.
Congratulations to Coosa High Senior Ashley Medrano who will continue her education and soccer career at Dalton State College.
Immediate family pictured left to right: Jennifer Rodriguez (mother), Alexis Medrano (sister), Ashley, and Miguel Medrano (father). Masks were removed for the photo only per Floyd County Schools.
Unity Christian in state basketball Division 1-AA tournament.
- Girls next: Friday at Citizens Academy, 4:30 p.m..
- Boys: Lions claw out a 61-60 win over Central Christian.
7-AA Basketball Tournament
- Championship game, Chattooga. falls to Fannin County, 68-39.
- Consolation game: Coosa over Dade County, 58-54.
- Championship game, Model wins, 55-54, over Chattooga.
Rome girls in region championship Saturday at 5 p.m. at/vs Carrollton. Won 57-38 over Douglas County on Thursday.
LOCAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL
Berry Vikings, 1-0: Saturday’s game now delayed until Feb. 27, at home vs. Rhodes College, 2 p.m.
- From Rhodes: “After ice forced Rhodes Athletics to move games around last weekend, the city of Memphis has received around 10 inches of snow this week, wreaking havoc for travelers in and around the Mid-South. The record weather conditions across the region have altered every Rhodes contest originally scheduled for Feb. 19-21.”
- History of the series; Berry holds a 5-2 edge. History
- Berry’s fan policy. COVID
Shorter Hawks: Feb 27, at Kennesaw State, 1 p.m.
- Shorter’s fan policy. COVID
- “We have released S Ricardo Allen and DE Allen Bailey and have waived QB Kurt Benkert.” atlfal.co.nz/37r0OYo