Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Delayed by coronavirus last fall, Berry College and Shorter University are set for spring football, beginning a week from this Saturday and continuing into early April. Below are the latest schedules from both schools:
- Feb 13, at Birmingham-Southern College, 6 p.m.
- Feb 20, home vs. Rhodes, 2 p.m.
- Feb 27, away at Centre, 1:30 p.m.
- March 6, home vs. Centre, 2 p.m.
- A reminder: Berry athlete events remain restricted to students, faculty and staff until further notice. There will be webcasts available and we’ll have those details soon.
Shorter Hawks: Home games played at Darlington’s Chris Hunter Stadium.
- Feb 27, at Kennesaw State, 1 p.m.
- March 13, at Erskine College, 4 p.m.
- March 20, home vs. Edward Waters, 4 p.m.
- March 27, home vs. Fort Valley State, 4 p.m.
- April 3, in Mobile, Ala., Clark Atlanta University.
Super Bowl, Sunday.
On CBS. From Tampa. 6:30 p.m. Tampa Bay vs. Kansas City.
Latest news from the NFL including Super Bowl previews. NFL
The Braves today added Hall of Famer Chipper Jones to the club’s Major League coaching staff as a Major League hitting consultant. Jones will work in a part-time capacity.
Jones, 48, spent his entire 19-year major league career with Atlanta, and was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2018. Jones made his debut in 1993 as a 21-year-old shortstop after the club drafted him first overall three years earlier. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound native of DeLand, Fla., played in 2,499 career games, primarily at third base, and retired in 2012 at the age of 40 as the Atlanta franchise leader in nearly every offensive category. An eight-time All-Star and the 1999 National League MVP, Jones finished with a .303 (2,726-for-8,984) career average, 468 home runs and 1,623 RBI, while striking out fewer times than he walked (1,512 walks to 1,409 strikeouts).
Most recently, Jones worked for the club as a special assistant to Baseball Operations, and as a broadcaster with ESPN.
- Winter League updates: Without a Minor League season in 2020, top prospects headed to various locations across the globe for offseason work. Over the next few weeks, MiLB.com will look at the highlights from winter ball seasons worldwide. First up: the Dominican Winter League.