Today’s first headlines
- Bartow, Gordon residents the latest claimed by COVID; 4 more ‘probable’ deaths. A record 404 test positive across NW Georgia. 129 hospitalized at Floyd, Redmond on Friday.
- COVID on campus: 10 new positive tests at Floyd Schools as quarantines rise to 612. Eight new cases at Rome; 469 in quarantine. Cartersville: 24 positives, 204 quarantines for the week. Gordon: 43 students, staff test positive.
- Vax Report: Nearly 20,000 vaccinations so far in Northwest Georgia, Voccio says. noting ‘limited supply’ and ‘high demand.’ State update: 630,981 through Friday.
- Buzz: Gas line to close Burwell Creek trail head (by Olive Garden) for all of February. Parks and Recreation accepting spring sports registrations. Polk Chamber’s Elrod leaving.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny and 56 today with rain late Sunday, stretching into Tuesday.
- Obituaries: Dr. Larry Gene Davis, Jack Daniel Pullen, Mrs. Louise Chandler Sutton.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:.
- Hank Aaron, 1934-2021 — remembering a legend.
- Falcons, United retiring Aaron’s no. 44.
- Mahomes plans to play for Chiefs.
- NFC Championship: Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Bucs, Sunday.
- AFC Championship: Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday.
- Super Bowl is Sunday, Feb. 7, 6:30 p.m., CBS.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.