Today’s first headlines
- State Patrol: Truck-car collision kills two, 16-year-old driver and 12-year-old passenger. Semi driver also injured. Latest updates.
- 3 Bartow residents, 1 from Polk latest COVID deaths in NW Georgia. State now at 701,308 cases; 170 new positives from our area. 127 virus patients at Rome hospitals.
- Vax Report: Nearly 600,000 vaccinated in Georgia. Kemp says state needs more doses. Georgia Health News: Who’s getting shots to the homebound?
- COVID on campus: 10 new positive tests at Floyd Schools as quarantines rise to 612. Rome sees drop in quarantines; 2 new cases. Cartersville: 4 positive tests, 7 quarantines.
- Remembering Jack Jerome Kirkpatrick, former sheriff of Polk County.
- Buzz: Phillip Burkhalter, Craig McDaniel join GNTC Foundation Board.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A break in the rain, sunny and mid 50s Saturday but more wet stuff on the way Sunday, Monday.
- Obituaries: Steven Hoyt Bagwell-Benedict, Mrs. Iro Tolbert Clark, Patricia Swinford Couey, Dr. Larry Gene Davis, Mrs. Michelle Lynn Kelley Green, Mrs. Sarah Kathryn Padgett.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:.
- AJC honors area football players.
- Falcons announce hiring of new coordinators.
- NFC Championship: Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Bucs, Sunday.
- AFC Championship: Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday.
- Super Bowl is Sunday, Feb. 7, 6:30 p.m., CBS.
Hometown Text Network:
- News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.