Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Monday: National Championship: Alabama vs. Ohio State, Miami, 8 p.m., ESPN.
- What to know ahead of Monday night’s game. NCAA
Big game, big coverage: With the top-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide fired up for their fifth College Football Playoff National Championship Game appearance, SEC Network will feature 15 hours of wall-to-wall programming surrounding Championship Monday and the Tide’s quest for their 18th national title trophy against the No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (8 p.m. ET, ESPN). The schedule
The National Football League’s Wild Card Weekend updates. For more, click NFL
- AFC No. 2 seed Buffalo Bills top No. 7 seed Indianapolis Colts, 27-24.
- NFC No. 6 seed Los Angeles Rams beat No. 3 seed Seattle Seahawks, 30-20.
- NFC No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers over No. 4 seed Washington Football Team, 31-23.
- AFC No. 5 seed Baltimore Ravens at AFC No. 4 seed Tennessee Titans, 1:05 p.m. (ABC, ESPN)
- NFC No. 7 seed Chicago Bears at NFC No. 2 seed New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. (CBS, Nick, Amazon Prime Video)
- AFC No. 6 seed Cleveland Browns at AFC No. 3 seed Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 p.m. (NBC, Telemundo, Peacock)
The Divisional Playoffs schedule will be announced once all wild card games have been played.
Atlanta Falcons: The latest on the general manager and head coach searches; plus Mock Draft.
Berry College: The tentative plan is to have a five-game football season begin sometime in February. The schedule will be finalized soon.
- No outside fans at Berry/SAA events per COVID concerns. Fans will be limited to only students, faculty, and staff members that are part of an SAA institution’s COVID-19 on-campus community. These members of the campus community must be subject to all of their institution’s COVID-19 protocols including but not limited to regular testing. At this current time no outside fans, parents, or spectators will be allowed at any SAA competition. Each institution may determine the number of limited fans it allows to attend a competition based on that school’s COVID-19 policies and procedures and local health guidelines for gathering restrictions. Throughout this semester, the SAA COVID-19 Task Force committee will continue to monitor all fan procedures and policies based on national and local health recommendations, social distancing, masking, contact tracing, and coronavirus testing. For more information on the Southern Athletic Association, please visit www.SAA-Sports.com.
Shorter Hawks: Shorter head football coach Zach Morrison says football practice will begin at the end of January with a five-game schedule slated to begin on Feb. 27 with a game at Kennesaw State University. Two of the games will be played at home including the March 20 showdown against Edwards Waters College and March 27 against Fort Valley State University. Shorter’s home games will be played at Darlington’s Chris Hunter Stadium.
Atlanta Braves open spring training Feb. 27: The Braves will be based as the new spring training campus in North Port on the coast of Southwest Florida. The inaugural season was cut short by the pandemic in 2020. The first game of the Grapefruit League is Feb. 27 at Baltimore. The first “home” game is March 1 vs. the Nationals. Spring schedule