Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Winner: Alabama’s Davonta Smith received 447 first-place votes (1,856 total points).
- 2. Trevor Lawrence (222 first-place votes, 1,187 points).
- 3. Alabama’s Mac Jones was third (138, 1,130).
- 4. Florida’s Kyle Trask with 61 first place votes, 737 in all.
- Source: ESPN
Monday: National Championship: Alabama vs. Ohio State, Miami, 8 p.m., ESPN.
The National Football League released the schedule for the Wild Card Weekend ahead. For more, click NFL
- AFC No. 7 seed Indianapolis Colts at AFC No. 2 seed Buffalo Bills, 1:05 p.m. (CBS)
- NFC No. 6 seed Los Angeles Rams at NFC No. 3 seed Seattle Seahawks, 4:40 p.m. (FOX)
- NFC No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers at NFC No. 4 seed Washington Football Team, 8:15 p.m. (NBC)
- AFC No. 5 seed Baltimore Ravens at AFC No. 4 seed Tennessee Titans, 1:05 p.m. (ABC, ESPN)
- NFC No. 7 seed Chicago Bears at NFC No. 2 seed New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. (CBS, Nick, Amazon Prime Video)
- AFC No. 6 seed Cleveland Browns at AFC No. 3 seed Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 p.m. (NBC, Telemundo, Peacock)
The Divisional Playoffs schedule will be announced once all wild card games have been played.
Berry College: The tentative plan is to have a five-game football season begin sometime in February. The schedule will be finalized soon.
Shorter Hawks: Shorter head football coach Zach Morrison says football practice will begin at the end of January with a five-game schedule slated to begin on Feb. 27 with a game at Kennesaw State University. Two of the games will be played at home including the March 20 showdown against Edwards Waters College and March 27 against Fort Valley State University. Shorter’s home games will be played at Darlington’s Chris Hunter Stadium.
Atlanta Braves open spring training Feb. 27: The Braves will be based as the new spring training campus in North Port on the coast of Southwest Florida. The inaugural season was cut short by the pandemic in 2020. The first game of the Grapefruit League is Feb. 27 at Baltimore. The first “home” game is March 1 vs. the Nationals. Spring schedule