- Three new ones are at: Anthony Center (Garden Lakes), Thornton Center (North Floyd Park in Armuchee) and Gilbreath Center (Lindale).
- The two original drop boxes are outside the library (dropoff area) and outside the main entrance to the elections office on First Street in downtown Rome.
- All drop boxes are monitored by video cameras 24 hours a day.
How to check your Absentee Ballot: What to do:
- Click the state’s MVP voter page (click here).
- Enter the basic details: First initial, last name, county of residence and date of birth
- You’ll see four information boxes pop up on the left side of the screen. Go to the box in the bottom left corner and hit: Click here for Absentee Ballot/Early Voting status
- It will show your requests.
- Or you can vote at your precinct on Jan. 5 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Gordon County processing absentee ballots.
“The Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration hereby provides public notice of the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration intent to begin processing absentee ballots prior to the close of the polls on January 5, 2021. Pursuant to State Election Board Rule 183-1-14-0.9-.15, the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration shall open absentee ballots and begin scanning absentee ballots on the following dates as needed:
•• Jan. 4, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
• Jan. 5, from 4 p.m. until complete.
“Scanning will be held in the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office at 101 S. Piedmont St., Calhoun. This processing will not include any tallying or tabulation of results; only the opening of envelopes, ballot scanning and adjudication.”
- Total of 15,072 advance voters from Dec. 14-31, that includes 7,173 voters at the Floyd Administration Building and 7,899 voters at Garden Lakes Baptist.
- So far, 5,670 absentee ballots have been accepted through Dec. 30.
- 18,765 advance voters from Dec. 14-31.
- Total of 8,119 advance voters from both Cedartown and Rockmart locations Dec. 14-31.
- So far, 2,001 absentee ballots have been accepted as of Dec. 31.
- Total of 8,201 advance voters from Dec. 14-31.
- 3,035 absentee ballots accepted as of Dec. 31. Another 821 ballots are outstanding.