Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Cartersville falls to a determined Warner Robins team that has lost the last three 5A championship bouts:
- Warner Robins scored 62 points on the Cartersville Purple Hurricanes to win by a final score of 62-28. It was Cartersville’s first time playing playing in a 5A championship; Warner Robins was in its fourth consecutive title game. It was played, like all GHSA championships, was played at Georgia State’s Center Parc Stadium, longtime home of the Atlanta Braves before the move to Cobb County. Cartersville finished the 2020 season with a 12-2 record; Warner Robins, 13-1.
- John McClellan: How did John pick the championship games? McClellan
- 3A championship: Pierce County intercepts Oconee County on first play of overtime and then scores on a TD run to claim the title, 13-7.
- 7A championship: Collins Hill vs Grayson
- Cotton Bowl: Florida downed by Oklahoma: 55-20.
- Thursday: Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth) – Mississippi State vs. Tulsa, noon, ESPN
- Friday: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Georgia vs. Cincinnati, 12:30 p.m., ESPN
- Friday: VRBO Citrus Bowl (Orlando) – Auburn vs. Northwestern, 1 p.m., ABC
- Friday: Rose Bowl, Alabama vs. Notre Dame, 5 p.m., ESPN
- Friday: Sugar Bowl, Clemson vs. Ohio State, 8:45 p.m., ESPN
- Saturday: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville) – Kentucky vs. N.C. State, noon, ESPN
- Saturday: Outback Bowl (Tampa) – Ole Miss vs. Indiana, 12:30 p.m., ABC
- Saturday: Fiesta Bowl, Oregon vs. Iowa State, 4 p.m., ESPN
- Saturday: Orange Bowl, Texas A&M vs. North Carolina, 8 p.m., ESPN
- Jan. 11, National Championship, Miami, 8 p.m.
- SEC bowl COVID cancellations: Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, South Carolina bowl appearances.
- Falcons (4-11) season finale at Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox and 92.9 FM
The Atlanta Falcons held their final Wednesday practice of 2020, and the resulting injury report had a large number of players on it. Julio Jones continues to be held out of practice due to his nagging hamstring injury, and it remains to be seen if he will be able to play again this season. Darqueze Dennard also missed practice again after not playing on Sunday against the Chiefs due to a quad injury. In more positive news, Alex Mack was able to practice in a limited fashion after missing the last game due to a concussion. Here is the Falcons’ injury report from Wednesday.