Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
BIG FOOTBALL WEEK
- It continues today with high school football championships. Watch all the games for free on GPB. See John McClellan’s statewide forecast here: McClellan
- It picks up with Wednesday afternoon’s 5A state football championship between Cartersvile and Warner Robins. Watch it on GPB.
- The New Years 6 games begin Wednesday as well with Florida vs. Oklahoma at 8 p.m. on ESPN.
- On Friday, Georgia plays Cincinnati in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl at 12:30 p.m. with the two college playoff semi-final games to follow, Alabama vs. Notre Dame at 4 p.m. and Clemson vs. Ohio State at 8:45 p.m.
- Next Sunday, the Atlanta Falcons wrap up the 2020-21 season vs. Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Bucs at 1 p.m.
A Private championship: Prince Avenue tops Trinity Christian 41-21.
A Public Championship: Brooks County falls to Irwin County, 27-19.
State Championship football:
- Class 5A: Cartersville vs. Warner Robins, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. On GPB and WBHF 1450 AM and 100.1 FM.
John McClellan’s high school football champion picks for today through Wednesday: Cartersville vs. Warner Robins at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 30. Watch on GPB. McClellan
Playoffs and bowls: Georgia vs. Cincinnati in Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, 12:30 p.m. Friday.
College Football Playoffs (from CBS).
|DATE||GAME / LOC.||TIME (TV)||MATCHUP|
|Jan. 11||National Championship
|8 p.m. (ESPN)||Semifinal winners|
|Jan. 1||Rose Bowl
|5 p.m. (ESPN)||(1) Alabama vs. (4) Notre Dame|
|Jan. 1||Sugar Bowl
|8:45 p.m. (ESPN)||(2) Clemson vs. (3) Ohio State|
New Year’s Six bowl games
|DATE||BOWL / LOCATION||TIME (TV)||MATCHUP|
|8 p.m. (ESPN)||(5) Texas A&M vs. (13) North Carolina|
|4 p.m. (ESPN)||(25) Oregon vs. (10) Iowa State|
|Jan. 1||Chick-fil-A Peach
|12:30 p.m. (ESPN)||(8) Cincinnati vs. (9) Georgia|
|8 p.m. (ESPN)||(6) Oklahoma vs. (7) Florida|
- Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth) – Mississippi State vs. Tulsa – Dec. 31 – Noon ET – ESPN
- Texas Bowl (Houston) – Arkansas vs. TCU – Dec. 31 – 8 pm ET – ESPN
- VRBO Citrus Bowl (Orlando) – Auburn vs. Northwestern – Jan. 1 – 1 pm ET – ABCN
- TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville) – Kentucky vs. N.C. State – Jan. 2 – Noon ET – ESPN
- Outback Bowl (Tampa) – Ole Miss vs. Indiana – Jan. 2 – 12:30 pm ET – ABC
- COVID cancellations: Missouri, Tennessee, South Carolina bowl appearances.
- Falcons (4-11) season finale at Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox and 92.9 FM
- Atlanta now no. 4 in draft order: The Jacksonville Jaguars and New York Jets have locked up the first two draft picks, in order. The rest of the top 18 picks – teams that will not qualify for playoff spots – will be sorted out in the next week. For now, however, the Atlanta Falcons hold the fourth-overall pick. Atlanta has never held the fourth-overall pick in its draft history. A link to the draft order of the 18 teams that would not make the playoffs if the season ended today, as per Tankathon.
Veteran utility player Charlie Culberson has been signed by the Texas Rangers to Minor League contracts, the club announced Monday. He’s also been invited to big league camp. Culberson has played all four infield positions plus the two corner outfield spots in an eight-year career with the Giants, Rockies, Dodgers and Braves. He also has four appearances as a pitcher. Culberson, 31, is a right-handed hitter who’s hit .249/.293/.391 with 23 home runs and 111 RBI in 916 career plate appearances. He was 1-for-7 in nine games with the Braves in 2020 and is 12-for-38 (.316) in 21 career postseason appearances. He is the grandson of former Red Sox outfielder Leon Culberson, a teammate of Ted Williams with the 1946 American League champions. Expanded release.