Sunday: U.S. Senate debates: The Atlanta Press Club Loudermilk-Young Debate Series:
- 5 p.m. “Jon Ossoff is confirmed to participate in the debate…. and the APC hopes Sen. David Perdue will agree to debate against Mr. Ossoff. At this time, Sen. Perdue has declined our invitation.”
- 7-8 p.m. Sen. Kelly Loeffler and Rev. Raphael Warnock have confirmed their participation in a debate airing live on Georgia Public Broadcasting. CNN also is scheduled to carry the one-hour Loeffler-Warnock debate in a simulcast with GPB.
- The debates will be available for viewers to watch on GBP-TV, GPB.org, and live and on demand on The Atlanta Press Club Facebook page at www.fb.com/TheAtlantaPressClub.
Monday, Dec. 7: Last day for new or lapsed voters to register to vote in the Jan. 5 primary.
Floyd County sets two sites for advance voting in the Jan. 5 runoff — the county administration building and Garden Lakes Baptist Church. Times and dates below.
ABOUT THE JAN. 5 RUNOFF:
Who can vote? Anyone who is a registered voter in Georgia as of close of business on Monday, Dec. 7.
Can I vote by absentee ballot? Yes if you’ve requested one. Some people checked the box at the bottom of their last ballot request, seeking absentee ballots for the rest of this “election cycle.” The Jan. 5 runoff is part of the general election cycle. If you did, you should be receiving an absentee ballot in coming days. So far, more than 762,000 absentee ballots have been requested. What to do:
- Click the state’s MVP voter page (click here).
- Enter the basic details: First initial, last name, county of residence and date of birth
- You’ll see four information boxes pop up on the left side of the screen. Go to the box in the bottom left corner and hit: Click here for Absentee Ballot/Early Voting status
- It will show your requests. On the second page, it will tell you the status of an absentee request for the Jan. 5 runoff. It shows our ballot as being “issued” on Nov. 18 (it has not arrived yet). Another member of our household apparently didn’t check the “election cycle” box so we’ll request an absentee ballot for the Jan. 5 primary.
- You also can vote in person Dec. 14 through Dec. 31; check locations and times especially with the holidays.
- Or you can vote at your precinct on Jan. 5 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Floyd County Administration Building, 12 E. Fourth Ave., in the Community Room, Suite 206. Monday through Friday, Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 28-31 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Garden Lakes Baptist Church, Dec. 14-19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Dec. 20, 1-4 p.m., Dec. 21-23, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Dec. 28-31, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day)
- Friday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday: Deadline to register to vote in runoff.
- Dec. 14: Advance in-person voting begins.
- Dec. 31: Advance voting ends.
- Jan. 5: Runoff election day. Precincts open 7 a.m.-7 p.m.