Today’s first headlines:
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: After an inch of rain, gusts to 29 mph with 150 customers without power this morning. Watch wind chills today; low of 26 Tuesday morning.
- Amid pandemic, Tom and Ellie Hamby still ‘making spirits bright’ as Santa and Mrs. Claus don face masks, social distance. Look for them at Tuesday’s parade.
- Another ‘probable’ COVID death in Floyd posted Sunday. 72 new positive cases in NW Georgia. New free testing schedule starts Monday.
- COVID on campus: Schools resume classes today or Tuesday following long Thanksgiving break. Polk wants students, staff in masks. Calhoun Schools: If you’ve been exposed . . .
- The vote. Busy week as recount continues in some local unties, the state. U.S. Senate debates next Sunday. Last day to register to vote in the primary runoff: Monday, Dec. 7.
- Buzz: Five new Eagle Scouts for Troop 34 in Rome.
- Obituaries: Ms. Jeanene Leigh McClinic.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
John McClellan’s high school playoff picks: Four Northwest Georgia teams expected to continue championship run this weekend. McClellan
This weekend’s high school playoffs schedule.
- Georgia Tech: At NC State, Saturday.
- Georgia: At home vs. Vanderbilt, 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Alabama: At LSU, 7 p.m. Saturday, CBS.
Georgia moves up to no. 11 in AP Top 25; ‘Bama holds at no. 1.
Vandy fires Derek Mason after 0-8. Second SEC coach this season (Muschamp/S. Carolina).
Falcons pound Las Vegas Raiders, 43-6.
- Next: Home vs. Saints, 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox, 92.9 FM The Game
Hometown Text Network:
- NEW: News tip or a question? Please text us at 706-431-7243.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownText. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.