Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Cedartown advances to round two of the high school playoffs as Arabia Mountain forfeits because of coronavirus. That’s the second local playoff canceled this week. Unity Christian won the 8-man state title after Cherokee team came down with the virus.
Round 1 playoff games on Friday, Saturday:
- Class 6A: Habersham Central at Rome.
- Class 5A:
- Maynard Jackson at Cartersville
- Calhoun at Lithia Springs
- Class 4A: Cedartown awaits round two opponent after forfeit win over Arabia Mountain.
- Class 3A:
- Dawson County at Adairsville
- White County at Rockmart
- Class 2A:
- Lovett at Pepperell (7:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Model at Washington (5:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Chattooga at South Atlanta (7:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Class A Private: Darlington at Mt. Pisgah Christian
? Congratulations to our football team for making the GHSA football playoffs! Model will play Washington High School at Grady Stadium this Saturday at 5:30 PM. Atlanta Public Schools will not allow fans or bands to attend.
— Model High School (@ModelHighDevils) November 25, 2020
Georgia High School Association board meets Monday. Click here for the agenda.
Alabama’s Nick Saban tests positive for coronavirus; has mild symptoms: This from CBS Sports:
Alabama coach Nick Saban learned Wednesday morning that he tested positive for COVID-19. He is experiencing mild symptoms — “maybe a runny nose” — and will not be on the field to coach the No. 1 Crimson Tide on Saturday when they face No. 22 Auburn in the Iron Bowl (3:30 p.m. ET on CBS). Saban indicated that offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will take on an elevated role in the game as Saban is unlikely to be allowed contact with anyone on the team’s sideline during the game. This is the second time this season that Saban has tested positive for COVID-19. He previously tested positive before Alabama’s game against Georgia last month but was asymptomatic. Saban was eventually cleared to coach the game against the Bulldogs after testing negative three times, indicating the initial test was a false positive.
First College Football Playoff rankings for 2020: CFP rankings
With weeks to go before the Jan. 1 semi-finals, the committee posted the first four on Tuesday evening: Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson and Ohio State. What to watch: the SEC and ACC championships (Alabama-Florida and Notre Dame and Clemson) on Dec. 19. Georgia is no. 9 with two losses (Alabama, Florida).
College football schedule for Thanksgiving Day and Nov. 27. Click ESPN
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Duke, 7 p.m., FSS. Georgia Tech. (Tech-Pitt game moves to Thursday, Dec. 10, 7 p.m.)
- Georgia: At South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Auburn, 3:30 p.m. on CBS. Alabama.
SEC games for Saturday (tentative)
- Vanderbilt at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 p.m. on ESPN
SEC games postponed/changed this Saturday:
- The Arkansas at Missouri football game has been postponed. Missouri will now play Vanderbilt at noon Saturday.
- The Tennessee at Vanderbilt scheduled for Saturday is delayed and likely will be played Dec. 19.
NFL ON THANKSGIVING:
- 12:30 p.m. Houston vs. Detroit, CBS.
- 4:30 p.m. Washington vs. Dallas, Fox.
- Also: Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh, set for tonight, has been moved to Sunday because of coronavirus among Ravens’ players.
- Falcons (3-7) home vs. Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m. Sunday, CBS. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Roster: The Atlanta Falcons announced Monday that they’ve signed wide receiver Devin Gray and running back Tony Brooks-James to their practice squad.
Both players have been with the Falcons previously. Gray, 25, signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2018 and has been on the team’s practice squad at various points in each of the past two seasons. During the 2019 preseason, Gray finished second on the team with 107 receiving yards on seven catches. Brooks-James was signed by the Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2019 after a good career at Oregon. The versatile back was on the Buccaneers’, Steelers’ and Vikings’ practice squads during the 2019 season. Brooks-James had a good showing with the Falcons during the 2019 preseason, carrying the ball 25 times for 180 yards and two touchdowns. In addition to adding Gray and Brooks-Jones, the Falcons have released linebacker Jake Carlock from the practice squad.