Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
Unity Christian School wins 8-Man state football title as Cherokee Christian quarantines with COVID. Lions
Round 1 playoff games on Friday, Saturday:
- Class 6A: Habersham Central at Rome.
- Class 5A:
- Maynard Jackson at Cartersville
- Calhoun at Lithia Springs
- Class 4A: Arabia Mountain at Cedartown (3 p.m. Saturday)
- Class 3A:
- Dawson County at Adairsville
- White County at Rockmart
- Class 2A:
- Lovett at Pepperell (7:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Model at Washington (5:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Chattooga at South Atlanta (Saturday)
- Class A Private: Darlington at Mt. Pisgah Christian
College football schedule for Thanksgiving Day and Nov. 27. Click ESPN
- Georgia Tech: At home vs. Duke, 7 p.m., FSS. Georgia Tech. (Tech-Pitt game moves to Thursday, Dec. 10, 7 p.m.)
- Georgia: At South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network. Georgia.
- Alabama: At home vs. Auburn, 3:30 p.m. on CBS. Alabama.
SEC games for Saturday (tentative)
- Vanderbilt at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 p.m. on ESPN
SEC games postponed/changed this Saturday:
The Arkansas at Missouri football game has been postponed, resulting in rescheduling of games that include Vanderbilt playing at Missouri on Nov. 28 and the postponement of the Tennessee at Vanderbilt game originally scheduled for Saturday.
The Arkansas at Missouri game has been postponed due to combination of positive tests, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Arkansas football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements.
The Vanderbilt at Missouri game is a rescheduling of a game postponed on Oct. 17. The game will be played at noon on Saturday on the SEC Network.
The Tennessee at Vanderbilt game is postponed for the purpose of facilitating the rescheduling of the Vanderbilt at Missouri game. This rescheduling of games allows for the continued opportunity for all 14 teams to play all of its 10 games in the 2020 season.
The opportunity to reschedule the Arkansas at Missouri and Tennessee at Vanderbilt games will be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule will include Dec. 19 as a playing date.
The SEC’s COVID-19 management requirements, as developed by the SEC’s Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force, are available on SECsports.com. (full report).
- Falcons (3-7) home vs. Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m. Sunday, CBS. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Executive search: The Atlanta Falcons are in the midst of searching for their future general manager and several names have already emerged in reports by various media outlets. On Sunday, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that former Houston Texans GM Rick Smith “is among the candidates” the Falcons are eyeing. Adam Schefter of ESPN added three more names to go along with Smith, reporting that Chicago Bears assistant director of personnel Champ Kelly, Los Angeles Rams director of college scouting Brad Holmes and former Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie are all being “targeted” by the Falcons, according to his sources. The Falcons parted ways with coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff following a 23-16 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Oct. 11. Atlanta named Raheem Morris the interim coach and Falcons president and CEO Rich McKay has been overseeing the team’s day-to-day football operations. Smith, who was once a coach and a director of player personnel for the Denver Broncos, became the general manager of the Houston Texans in 2006. He was 36 years old at the time and, as La Canfora reported, the youngest person in the NFL to hold the job. He later was named executive vice president of football operations of the Texans. Under Smith, the Texans added notable stars like J.J. Watt, Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins to their roster. According to Schefter, Kelly was “a prime candidate” for the Jets’ general manager job once, and the “Rams have had strong drafts during which Holmes helped lead the way.” He also noted that Holmes lives in Atlanta. McKenzie, a senior personnel executive with the Miami Dolphins, served as the Raiders general manager from 2012 to 2018. Schefter noted that some of the picks made under his watch include quarterback Derek Carr, pass rusher Khalil Mack and receiver Amari Cooper.