Monday: The Rome City Commission will meet virtually for their regular meeting on Monday at 6:30 p.m. via Facebook Live and Zoom. The caucus will begin at 6 p.m. On the agenda will be five public hearings for rezoning and special use permit requests:
- Request to annex property located at 31 Rushden Way, Rome, zoned Suburban Residential (no change). Planning recommends approval 7-0.
- Request to rezone property at 714 E. 2nd Avenue from Community Commercial to Neighborhood Office Commercial. Planning recommends approval 7-0.
- Request to rezone property at 3330 Callier Springs Road from Suburban Residential to Community Commercial for construction of a new auto parts store. This is the Day Spring Assembly of God property at corner of Callier Springs Road and Highway 411 across from East Rome Walmart. Planning recommends approval 5-2.
- Request to rezone property located at north end of Stansbury Street from Multi-Family Residential to Agricultural Residential. Planning recommends approval 7-0 with staff recommendations.
- Request for special use permit for a multi-family dwelling in a Community Commercial zoning district for properties located at 162 Three Rivers Drive. Owner wants to convert some office space into residential duplexes. Planning recommends approval 7-0.
Tuesday: The Floyd County Board of Commissioners will meet at the Forum River Center. Caucus will begin at 4:30 p.m. in the Floyd Room, followed by the Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m in the Ballroom. The meetings are open to the public. Prior to caucus, the commission will hold a FY21 Planning Session beginning at 2:30 p.m. in the Floyd Room. Everyone in attendance is asked to wear a mask and to practice social distancing. Agenda
- During the caucus at 4:30 p.m. there will be a budget discussion from Clerk of Superior Court; update on the elections from county attorney Virginia Harman; and Dr. Gary Voccio will give update on COVID pandemic in Northwest Georgia. Unlike the city of Rome, county commissioners have not mandated public mask use.
Tuesday: The Rome Christmas Parade committee will name the 2020 Grand Marshal during a virtual event. The Rome Christmas Parade will be a drive-through event on Tuesday, Dec. 1 from 6-9 p.m. at State Mutual Stadium parking areas. Details
Thanksgiving Day: The Love Feast at the Rome Civic Center is continuing this year but with pandemic precautions including a decision to go take-out only. Deliveries also are planned. The hours are 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. or the food runs out. Donations are being accepted including takeout trays, foil, plates and desserts (cakes, pies, etc.) Also, the annual dropoff of slightly used coats and sweaters continues. All are welcome on Wednesday, Nov. 25, from 6 until 9 p.m. Cash donations also are accepted via the Cash App; look for $lovefeast1987. For more: 706-234-2091 or go to Facebook.