Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Truett’s Chick-fli-A, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Drive-through, curbside and Door Dash.
Mount Berry Mall, 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. (curbside, carryout, Door Dash). Shipping Container, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. All Monday-Saturday.
- Model beat Gordon Central, 28-7.
Round 1 playoff on Nov. 27:
- Class 6A: Habersham Central at Rome.
- Class 5A:
- Maynard Jackson at Cartersville
- Calhoun at Lithia Springs
- Class 4A: Arabia Mountain at Cedartown
- Class 3A:
- Dawson County at Adairsville
- White County at Rockmart
- Class 2A:
- Lovett at Pepperell
- Model at Washington
- Chattooga at South Atlanta
- Class A Private: Darlington at Mt. Pisgah Christian
- GAPPS: Cherokee Christian at Unity Christian for State Championship
AJC high school rankings for the week of Nov. 22: Click here for list.
- 5A: Cartersville (8-1) holds at no. 4.
- 5A: Calhoun (7-3) holds at no. 7.
- 4A: Cedartown (6-2) rises to no. 7.
- 3A: Rockmart (8-1) holds at no. 7.
John McClellan’s high school picks: Playoff picks coming Monday.
GMSAA Division A Championship:
- Rome 7th Grade wins the GMSAA Division A Championship after beating Sequoyah, 54-8.
- Rome 8th Grade lost 30-14 to North Cobb in GMSAA Division A Championship.
GMSAA Division C Championship: Two Cedartown teams played in championship games Saturday.
- The 6th Grade team lost to Dunwoody, 21-6.
- The 8th Grade lost to River Ridge, 15-8.
The Associated Press Top 25 for Sunday, Nov. 22: Click for entire list
- No change in the top five: Alabama is no. 1 followed by Notre Dame, Ohio State, Clemson and Texas A & M.
- Other SEC: Florida is no. 6, Georgia holds at no. 13, Auburn rises to no. 22.
- Other ACC: Miami is no. 12.
- Georgia: Georgia tops Mississippi State, 31-24. Next: At South Carolina, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m. Georgia.
- Alabama: Alabama stomps Kentucky, 63-3. Next: At home vs. Auburn, Nov. 28 at 3:30 p.m. Alabama.
SEC games for Nov. 28 (tentative)
- Arkansas at Missouri, Noon on SEC Network
- Kentucky at Florida, Noon on ESPN
- Auburn at Alabama, 3:30 pm on CBS
- Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 pm on SEC Network
- LSU at Texas A&M, 7 pm on ESPN
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 pm on SEC Network
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 7:30 pm on SEC Network Alternate
- Falcons (3-6) vs. Saints at 1 p.m. Sunday, Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM The Game.
- Sunday: After logging three consecutive limited practices, wide receiver Calvin Ridley was not listed with any particular injury designation for Sunday’s game against the Saints, a sign that he will be back in the lineup after missing one game due to a foot injury. There were no players with an injury designation for Sunday, meaning the Falcons should be close to full strength for an important game. Defensive end Dante Fowler is still on the team’s reserve/COVID-19 list, and his absence will be notable for Atlanta, but he could be the only starter out against New Orleans. Injury report.
Nearly 200 participants took place in Saturday’s Gary Tillman Memorial Clocktower 5K and Health Walk. A number of modifications and safety guidelines were put in place including a wave start. “We were very pleased with the turnout. Out of roughly 150 registered runners, 121 crossed the finish line and about half of the 70 registered walkers came out,” says Gail Johnson, race organizer. “Everyone seemed to have a great time, stayed socially distanced and masked until on the course, and had a wonderful morning in support of a cause. Many thanks to the sponsors, volunteers, participants and spectators.”
Results should be ready later today, there was a software glitch involving the results and they were not available on Saturday evening. The race benefits The Exchange Club Family Resource Center. For more: TillmanClocktowerRace.org.